• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS.

There are ways in which she is or was exactly like them once, this is evidenced in the way her body stretches and shapes itself: in the lengthy limbs ending in hooves and all the bones well beneath the muscle and flesh: the clear understand of their tongue; but unlike them she is something ancient and bizarre, a thing that time has long forgotten about. Yidhra almost grins when their numbers grow, but, she lacks the lips to do so and instead can only clatter the chitinous beak in an overzealous clicking that could’ve been a mockery of laughter or simply a way to convey this amusement. She notes the vivacity they bring, the spark they all possess… and the fleshy tendril on her left shoulder is risen into the air- the paddle shaped end folding and curling beneath her tentacles maw as if to scratch an itch.

They demand and speak, they breathe and she notes the blaze and loyalty: the fear.

Those barbell shaped irises become so thin they are merely a black line amidst the teal and orange, and she looks to Solace and Kagerus with the free tendril looming in the air towards them: not for threat but merely to to reach down and coil into the rocky soil of the Cove: lifting what she could and allowing it to fall in a series of gentle thuds.

She listens, minds them: considers their youth and unknowing… and for a moment she is envious of their ignorance; but none of is ever shown, rather she turns and studies the leaders and then the gathered and all their ravenous maws and question. In a simply motion she steps from her elevated platform and saunters rather boldly across the Cove and towards the people. Breisis attracts her attention and she minds the question with a nod, as if to acknowledge. Yet she does not speak immediately, and gives the others a first chance to ask, to ponder: to respond.

Her movements are not equine truly, they are jaunty and perhaps too bizarre to describe, and she exists an an imperfect geometry. In the sun the porous flesh is gray and blue, and black: spattered and spotty in such a fashion that she looks as if her body might be stone or blackened coral; but it glistens with seawater and shudders as she continues to glide and slither about the rock area: studying and watching.

Adria, tahti- others, all people speaking and Yidhra places a hoof on stone: wandering close to both Solace and Kagerus as she sways. Tendrils snake along her body and she waits until she is closer to the leadership before addressing any, and all. A low purr rumbles in her throat and the mass of arms on her face does not part when she speaks: instead they bend and hang: keeping the beak hidden.

Water-logged and deep, the husky voice is found again and that tumtulous accent mangles syllables and slurs them into an oddly discomforting lilt. “Yee-tho-rah.” she speaks slowly at first to clarify pronunciation, but as she does there is a bizarre ripple of her skin: a pulsating shiver that brings a blackened slime to drip along the tendrils of her mouth. Inkey and grotesque, chunks of a bizarre and mealy sort of look linger in them… perhaps sand that has long coagulated in her body. “I am Yidhra,” she states this faster with her head bobbing to them.

“The water- the sea? That is without ruler: it will always be that way. You may swim in it; but it's never truly yours. Chaotic and old, more ancient than time… I’m certain you and I swim in two very different places of it.” she pauses- peering at Adria with her head turned, the tendrils parting to expose the blackened beak and a single one coiling around it before she ceases this gesture.

Adria reminds her of Ivar, the Kelpie, and she considers the woman’s form and frame: her shape and the smell of salt. “But Pangea is not in the sea, and that is where I lay domain for now: where this virulence began, where anyone who steps within becomes infected. The very land that lies south of the Cove and prevents all manner of land-based invasion from it.” poignant and clear she draws herself to full height, stands with an austerity that bears no malevolence; but rather the sheer veil of somehow tangible authority. 

To the smaller creature she peers at it, at Tahti- her gaze does not carry any emotion but rather she chatters her beak as she had before. “Your logic is flawed, to be clear I am no intruder- no more than you and the others; but my actions are hurried- and this is because you have all ignored the deepest truth of this contagion: something I offered not long ago.”

Had she been able to shrug, she may have; but rather she crosses her twin tendrils one her chest as if they were arms, and she looks to Solace and Kagerus, the latter particularly. “We can discuss details further in private; but I came here for purpose- not to poach, to work together. After all, consider if you will that I did not threaten anyone here; but yours were the first to say that I might be harmed here.”

Serpentine in a fashion she slithers to Kagerus- to the antlered woman and her unearthly and spiritual side: peering at the pair with her shoulders hefting into a shrug. “Nice rack.” she nods as if it is truth, but excuses her herself to look sidelong.

And with Kagerus’ calling, she leaves to go elsewhere- to discuss with the leaders rather than the mass. 

Yidhra

Messages In This Thread
    ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Kagerus - 10-31-2018, 06:50 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Yidhra - 10-31-2018, 08:52 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by litotes - 10-31-2018, 08:52 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Kensa - 10-31-2018, 09:01 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Knaught - 10-31-2018, 09:14 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Kiko - 10-31-2018, 10:35 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Dawn - 10-31-2018, 11:26 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Solace - 11-01-2018, 08:14 AM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Knaught - 11-01-2018, 07:01 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Briseis - 11-02-2018, 02:18 PM