• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Solace, Velk, Valdis;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Her response is a terrible pang in his heart. He knows the underlying message, that she is remaining in this diseased land despite what awaits her in the sanctuaries. Undoubtedly, Castile knows that it will never again be in his embrace, pressed to his chest, that Solace will find security and love… or even a home. Their reunion had been a painstaking reminder of what he let slip between his fingers. They caressed one another, blossomed life within her womb, and smiled adoringly at one another without the knowledge that it would be their last, years ago.

The memories surface when he sees how steadily she anchors herself to these hills and shakes her head beneath the soft brush of his lips. This – she – is no longer his.

As he withdraws, he hears the pop of teeth as Rhaegor nips him away. Admittedly, Castile’s attention was so heavily focused on Solace that he didn’t take notice of the boy’s arrival. The pinning of his ears is a chain reaction, but before they’ve completely fallen back into his mane, they are swiveling again. More or less, he is an outcast here, but in truth, he always has been. Even when Amet ruled these hills and Ciri curled underneath his chin, Castile was a misfit. Hyaline always seems to rip him away from love, taking pieces of his heart, bit by bit.

With a low sigh, Castile glances to Valdis pointedly when she grumbles under her breath in response to her deliberate instructions. ”The Cove,” he echoes to her, but it doesn’t pacify the distaste she expresses toward the idea. The girl snorts and abandons the group, moving in the direction of the refuge before veering off course once out of their site. Her youthful curiosity leads her astray.

Solace interjects when the world once again groans, insisting they leave. Unable to immediately move, Castile meets her eyes, searching them and memorizing them as he once had years ago. A lovely thing for their daughter to have inherited them. ”You go to the Cove,” he solemnly says despite how his heart writhes knowing that’s where her love and happiness is now, ”and I will check on Nerine. I will be visiting frequently.” It’s a promise, one that he clutches onto desperately, never intending to break it. Not this time. He won’t fail them again.

But before he turns to leave, he whispers for only her to hear, knowing that it will likely fall on deaf ears. ”You were my first love,” he holds her gaze, his eyes soft, ”and that feeling will never fade.” And with that, Castile lurches forward, immediately taking flight and soaring north to check on his home.

castile

@[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
    Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Castile - 11-01-2018, 10:40 AM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Valdis - 11-01-2018, 12:05 PM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Solace - 11-01-2018, 04:31 PM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Castile - 11-01-2018, 09:56 PM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Rhaegor - 11-02-2018, 01:48 AM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Solace - 11-04-2018, 04:20 PM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Castile - 11-09-2018, 11:21 AM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Random Event - 11-10-2018, 09:21 PM