• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  go to hell for heaven's sake; any
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

”I thought so too,” she quips with a sly grin tracing along the edges of her lips. Her role as a princess is nothing more than a name. It provided no responsibilities, no sweet deals, especially not with her half-siblings running rampant and continuing to fill mother’s eyes with happiness and love.

No, Solace loves her and Velk. There’s no doubt about that.
    But Valdis also realizes that she doesn’t entirely fit into a family anymore. Not with mother, not with father.

Maybe that’s why she is overzealous and so curious about Sinner. There are possibilities, he says, and Valdis is tempted by the prospect to have something she never has before. No parents to hold her back, no siblings to overshadow. Finally, she can pave her own way even it means her undoing one day. It will be an experience, one in which she wants to sink her claws into. The idea is exhilarating. In her chest, her heart drums quickly and her eyes lift to his own. ”I very easily could,” but she wonders if she would truly tire of him and the shroud of darkness that seems to shadow his every step, his every word. The precariousness of his nature hasn’t been forgotten – it thrums in reminder at the back of her thoughts – but her own desires take precedence. A foolish girl, she is, but she is young and still learning what trouble lies outside of Hyaline. Barely having entered adulthood, her eyes are still covered.

Her entire life has been filled with rainbow and butterflies.

It would be a lie if she wasn’t enamored by the way he slinks behind her and eases along her left side. Where he touches her shoulder, then her neck, the skin is on fire. Electricity courses through her veins. Everything within her comes to life. ”I’ve no worry that you will get bored,” she murmurs as her head turns slightly to look at him and to see how his own gaze roves across her. He breathes her in, presses his muzzle to her neck, and in that moment she realizes that she is his. A slow sideways step reestablishes the small space between them, but Valdis unexpectedly reaches toward him only to nip his neck. Inwardly, she wants to extend the same condemnation – that he will never stray – but even in her ignorance, Valdis knows what a folly that is. As long as he always comes back, she muses, but her voice challenges him instead. ”Or else what, my King?” A playful smile. A poisonous tone.

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Sinner]

Messages In This Thread
    go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-01-2018, 02:53 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-01-2018, 09:35 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-05-2018, 03:40 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-06-2018, 05:04 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-07-2018, 03:20 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-08-2018, 11:55 AM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-12-2018, 03:38 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-14-2018, 03:51 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-17-2018, 01:47 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-26-2018, 02:28 PM