• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  go to hell for heaven's sake; any
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

Confidence. It can be a saving grace, but also an awful curse. It spurred Valdis to roam the pestilent lands and jeopardize her health, and it has led her into the hellhound’s spinning web. The longer she remains so close, breathing in his allure, the more precarious her future is. Sinner’s wolfish grin is enticing, oddly enough, but Valdis has hardly lowered her guard. Appropriately so, she remains wary of him although her confidence is stroked by his smile and placidity. There is no longer a savage hunger mirrored in his eyes and he isn’t shedding her blood across the forest floor. What hope she has of her safety increases slowly.

They play into each other’s hands, dancing to the beat of a tango. Valdis slips her eyes away from the distant treeline to observe Sinner, listening to his gruff protest. A smile threatens to shatter the stoicism of her face, but surprisingly, she remains composed beneath his possessive stare. ”Perhaps,” she murmurs with a thoughtful blink, weighing her options carefully. ”If I wanted a high seat in Hyaline or the Cove, I likely could,” but she would always remain in the shadow of her mother and step-mother, eternally squirming to find her own place and path. At least with Sinner, even as a lowly newcomer, there would be open-ended opportunity. Her name would spread across more than just one single land. A new reputation could formulate; she wouldn’t simply be a princess guarded in a glass box.

Sinner is aware of this. By the way he peers at her with hooded eyes and offers an alternative lifestyle, he is well aware of the ensnaring Hyaline would cause. Shackles would forever bound her to a land she has outgrown.

With a casual flick of her tail, Valdis finds herself accepting (submitting) to his dark charm. A smug, lopsided grin softens the edges of her pretty face. ”Okay, okay, I will come to Sylva. You must really like me or something,” an amused chuckle tumbles sweetly into the space between them, teasing him harmlessly before nodding her head. ”I will check out your home and perhaps stay if I don’t get bored.” But she doesn’t plan to leave – not that she could, she doesn’t yet realize – because Sinner has already sunken his fangs into her and bound her to him.

To him, and not to a land.

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Sinner]

Messages In This Thread
    go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-01-2018, 02:53 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-01-2018, 09:35 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-05-2018, 03:40 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-06-2018, 05:04 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-07-2018, 03:20 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-08-2018, 11:55 AM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-12-2018, 03:38 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-14-2018, 03:51 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-17-2018, 01:47 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-26-2018, 02:28 PM