• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I don't take back what I say; KERBEROS
    I have them, Dad. It’s time to go. Please hurry.

Thank fuck for Kharon’s magic brain. Gods only knew where he’d stumbled across that beautiful bit of magic, but it had made tracking down their family a hell of a lot easier. Relief washed over Kirby as Kharon’s voice filled his head, and he gave up his frantic hunt to turn and head to the safe place they’d picked out.

He was deep in Ischia’s jungle terrain when he heard Kharon’s call, so it took some time getting out and making his way toward the shore. Maybe halfway there, he bumped straight into an old, familiar face. “Holy shit. Roma.” She wrapped him up in a hug before he could so much as blink, and he hugged her back automatically.

“What--hi. Okay, nah babe, you’ve got good timing. Any later and you’d’ve missed us all. Kids are on their way to the next island over, I guess it’s a safe place from the plague and shit. Kharon got everybody rounded up, the damn angel,” he explained, chest puffing up with pride over his fabulous son and how good a job he was doing taking care of the family, “and I’m on my way to meet them. You comin’ with me, then?”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    I don't take back what I say; KERBEROS - by Roma - 11-01-2018, 05:32 PM
    RE: I don't take back what I say; KERBEROS - by Kerberos - 11-04-2018, 05:43 PM