• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I don't take back what I say; KERBEROS
    Kirby nodded and headed for the shore, breaking their path through the foliage. He was gonna charge for the water the second they broke free, way too caught up in worrying over his horde of purple descendants to stand around for long. Rom struck up conversation though, if only briefly, and he smiled a distracted smile until the words sank in. Then he grinned and looked at her and said, “It’s good to see you too, Rom.”

He followed her gaze, turning to look at the distant island, scanning the water between for any sign of purple, scanning the sky above for Kharon. Maybe he’d meant he had them all safe on the island already, ‘cause Kirb didn’t see anyone in the sky or on the sea. You go, I’ll be right there, just gotta make sure they’re all safe, he almost blurted out. Nah, but Kharon had said he had all of them. “Yeah, okay. I’ll race you, sure,” he said, and managed another rakish grin.

But still. Instead of immediately charging onto the surface of the water as she took off, he held back, did one last pass along the shore to see if there were any stragglers needing a ride across to safety. Just ‘cause his brood could walk on water didn’t mean anyone else might not be in need of a ferryman.

((If anybody does need a ride across to Island Resort, let me know, Kirby’s 100% down.))
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    I don't take back what I say; KERBEROS - by Roma - 11-01-2018, 05:32 PM
    RE: I don't take back what I say; KERBEROS - by Kerberos - 11-05-2018, 02:06 PM