• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

So let your heart, sweet heart
    Be your compass when you're lost

She can feel the panic from crowd that rushes past her.
    The screaming sends her thoughts running.
    Uncertainty clouds her mind.

Madelyn remains still in the chaos. She turns her gaze here and there. Her eyes widen in horror as she hears the screams again. It isn’t until someone calls out “Plague!” until she knows why the world has turned into darkness.

Death and destruction have come.

She still does not run though. It feels as if her hooves have formed into the earth itself, allowing her to take root and not move. The girl wants to scream but she does not have the voice when she tries to.

All she does is remain once the chaos has scattered. Once the crowd of disorder has left her alone from where she had awoken from. She was no longer within her dream world, but awake within a nightmare.

Madelyn had finally found her voice. She called out into the darkness of winter. Her body shakes with fright now. She trembles not only because of the cold, but because the fear of what is happening is finally hitting her. I have to leave. I have to go. She tells herself. She needed to go now. To leave whatever this disease was taking over Beqanna.

But where? Where would she go?

The wind catches onto words, fill her ears with whispers. Madelyn doesn’t make out the words. They are lost within the winter winds. Her eyes search the darkness around her. Looking for something. Hoping for someone.

She quickly catches the glow of a light. It’s coming towards her. Madelyn shakes slightly, unsure of what this very light was. She wants to scream out, but she doesn’t. Not when she finally sees the creature of light that finds her—an angel.

His words become lost within her confusion of the recent disarray. “I-I-I,” she stumbles to speak at first, “I don’t know what is happening either.” One minute she was within her dreams, the next she was awake within the chaos. “I heard someone scream plague, but I don’t know.” She can’t be certain. She can’t believe Beqanna would come to destruction.

“Madelyn. I’m Madelyn.” She says after noting he had introduced himself. The girl finally then realizes there is a soft smile on his lips. A silver lining within the darkness.

Madelyn
    a naïve daughter of emelia & nocturnal
    html © shelbi | character info: here | character reference: here

@[Tiphon]

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Tiphon - 11-01-2018, 06:13 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Madelyn - 11-01-2018, 10:08 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Tiphon - 11-02-2018, 10:15 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Madelyn - 11-06-2018, 04:20 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Tiphon - 11-09-2018, 10:01 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Random Event - 11-10-2018, 08:44 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Madelyn - 11-12-2018, 04:32 PM