• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

nobody's watching, drowning in words so sweet; tiphon
    BUT HOW COULD YOU KNOW THE SWEETEST SUFFERING
    OF MOVING ON
    He would have welcomed her into his arms; he would never turn away the intimacy of an embrace, or even just a steady, long touch. How long has it been? Truthfully, he isn’t quite certain. The abysmal darkness held nothing for him – no love, no touch, no conversation. Silence and solitude reigned in the void from where he rested, awakened only by a strange voice in these troubled times. To be here, with her, makes him question reality, but the tangibility of her flesh gave him hope that this is all true and not a dream.

She is his anchor.

Despite the morbidity of the world around them, Tiphon still offers a feeble grin until she warns him to leave – not them, he notices. Only him. ”I couldn’t leave without you,” he whispers in the foray, setting aside their roles as strangers. In a place of chaos and turmoil, friends are most necessary. Her company, at minimum, can brighten the dismal tone engulfing him. Even as her voice mingles with solemnity, Tiphon tries to reel her from it. He nearly touches her again, craving the warmth of her skin, but he refrains as he looks to either side. Many have fled, but there are still quite a few stragglers who seem unfazed by the outbreak. Are they truly in so much danger?

Yet, even as he considers the magnitude of the sickness, Tiphon remains rooted here, to this moment with her.

His brows quiver worriedly, his eyes searching her face for the answers and questions that remain unspoken. ”I can’t run away,” he admits with a deep heaviness, ”I need to help in any way I can, while I can.” He’s unsure whether he’s immune to the spread, and while he doesn’t want to test it, he also doesn’t want to abandon all hope. The pull in his heart tethers him to the land of suffering, but he is also aware of sanctuaries scattered around Beqanna. ”There are safe havens. We could find one, together, and I can try to help.” Whether she will acquiesce is another challenge of its own.

He considers it, considers her.

”Why are you here?” The question slips before he can even grab and take it back, like water through his fingers. It hangs sharply in the space between them, quietly demanding an answer. ”Why didn’t you flee?”

And while he desperately wants to know, he also fears the answer.

TIPHON
    STARLACE AND INFECTION

@[Eilidh]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: nobody's watching, drowning in words so sweet; tiphon - by Tiphon - 11-04-2018, 05:39 PM