• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And the tracks I tread are cold, so cold; Peregrine Jude
    peregrine jude
    i glow pink in the night in my room

As the little avian scratches her belly, Jude tilts her head in fascination. She thinks how bizarre this child is, how lucky she is to be the one to have stumbled upon her. And yet, she also thinks Myrkari may not be the strangest equine in Beqanna, and that is why she is hardly startled when the babe walks through her as if she is not there.

The phasing comes as shock, but Jude does little more than jump. She feels absolutely nothing, blinking and shuffling her hooves at the discomfort. The pegasus turns her head to watch the filly, wondering if she is ever solid (thankfully, she brushes against the foliage soon after).

Myrkari wanders back in the sweet way only foals can: bouncy and naive. Jude cocks her head yet again, swivelling her ears back and forth as the child spits out some more disconnected words. As a claw stretches toward her hoof yet again, Jude smiles and stifles a laugh at the perplexed child. Strange - strange, indeed - but the mare does not mind the odd little one (prefers her, in fact).

“Yeah, you are a little weirdo,” Jude chirps back, bending her head to peer into Myrkari’s eyes. “But I guess you’re now my little weirdo. Don’t worry, you’ll find most of us are weirdos,” the last phrase is an afterthought, words that she figures the child mostly can’t understand, and a musing she hopes to be true.

“Do you want to come with me? I can be your . . . mom.”

i've been blossoming alone over you

@[Myrkari] we can end the thread here or keep going, i'm fine either way!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And the tracks I tread are cold, so cold; Peregrine Jude - by peregrine jude - 11-15-2018, 10:15 PM