• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to the hunt as I was to you; pyxis, any

she'll lie and steal and cheat and beg you from her knees
    make you thinks she means it this time

The maternal panic that swells within her is completely foreign, and she struggles to breathe around it. Her heart is thrumming in her chest too fast, the beats too close together, and she feels her throat swelling as she gasps for air. “Lupine!” she cries again when she hears the wolves begin their commotion. Daemron has gone still, far too still next to her, but she can’t stop and figure out where he’s gone.

Tremors race up and down her spine and she remains frozen in place.

She should run forward, but she can’t risk stepping on him. She should race after him, but she isn’t even sure which direction he took off. All she knows is the sound of her heartbeat pounding in her ears, the sound of the wolves in the distance, no doubt hunting for their midnight snack, and the stillness of the grey-eyed stallion beside her. Frantic, she turns on Daemron, lips peeling back.

“Do something,” she snarls, blind to his act. She wants to rage against him but there is a sound of wolves breaking through the brush and relief floods through her as the wolf comes back with the cat between its jaws. Relief is quickly chased with terror at the thought of what might have happened, her imagination making her sick to her stomach, and then shame as she realizes what Daemron had been doing.

It all wars in her chest so that she only breaks free as her nephew’s claws hook into her flesh.

She cries out in surprise as he claws his way up her shoulder and then her neck. She levels her neck out, ears splaying to the side as Lupine takes his place between her antlers. Afraid to move, she scowls, eyes heating as she turns to Daemron. “Yelling isn’t going to solve anything,” her voice has an edge, the mare all too aware of the trembling creature curled on her head. Exasperated, she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, completely overwhelmed by everything that has happened this evening.

How is she supposed to be a mother if she can’t even watch Lupine for one night?

How is Daemron and her supposed to raise a family if she snaps at him at the first sign of trouble?

What is she even doing?

she'll tear a hole in you, the one you can't repair
    but I still love her, I don't really care

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lost to the hunt as I was to you; pyxis, any - by pyxis - 11-11-2018, 11:13 PM