• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; all read but reply to newer one
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The first to come is not an Ischian at all, but it is someone he is familiar with. The bay King gives a nod to the metallic stallion, the most he could really expect in a time such as this. He doesn’t smile, but Kromium probably isn’t expecting him to. He does listen intently, and then give something that on any other day under other circumstances might have been a sheepish (if Brennen could do ‘sheepish’) smile; today, it’s just the briefest quirk of his features. “I am sorry to draw you away from your own people,” he says quietly. “I have done done much mind-magic, and my reach is sloppy. But I appreciate you checking in on us.”

Some might have assumed that Kromium was here in this moment of weakness to attempt to gain the upper hand for his own Kingdom, but Brennen does not assume this. Whatever else is going on, he does not think Kromium would damage relations between Ischia and Tephra in this critical time, especially when Tephra is immune. Perhaps tensions would run high later, but…whatever else he is worried about, it’s not about whether he can, if he chooses, fight for Ischia’s right to remain sovereign to itself. “Thank you for your offer of assistance. Those who wish to have a better guarantee of health may come take refuge with your people.” Brennen can protect them from physical threats, but he can only retroactively try to help those who contract the plague.

While they have been speaking, he is aware of the approach of another – his grandson, one of his chosen heirs. He lifts his face to track the younger stallion’s progress, and when he reaches them he returns the physical touch with obvious affection. “Thank you,” he says quietly, words mostly meant for the black prince at his side. “I am not sure yet what exactly our next move will be, but I think it would be good if we gathered everyone together. Jesper, can you go find the twins, and Grye, and others who may find distraction on their way to us?” He knows his grandson will understand what he’s saying – he’ll understand that Brennen is worried about some of their younger friends getting ‘lost’ on the way to the gathering chasing butterflies or some such nonsense. Perhaps some would think he was assigning his heir busywork, but Jesper will know the children are foremost on Brennen’s mind.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

ooc; hey so I posted a new all post that is more relevant but wanted to give you guys a reply anyway <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; all read but reply to newer one - by Brennen - 11-04-2018, 09:03 PM