• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the way you kiss me will work each time // Valdis
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

She knows she shouldn’t follow, that she should flee with her parents, but curiosity killed the cat. The temptation of his offer riddles her with conflict, but she succumbs to her reckless ways. Upon dismissal, Valdis slipped away to find the forest.

Flight accelerated her travels, but she eventually has to descend. The trees stand sentinel, towering high above her. Ravens caw from the naked, twisted branches.

Death and disease already reigns here.

Swallowing the lump of uncertainty, Valdis presses forward and weaves through the gnarled oaks and proud pines. An eerie chill nips at her heels, and she glances past her shoulder in consideration to run, but again, her curiosity and pride impede. Rhaegor will be here, and if he is unafraid then so she will be. Drawing in a deep breath, she traverses the last bit of shadowed distance until she is in front of him, her eyes hooded by her metallic forelock. ”Brother,” she murmurs with a quirked brow as she visually combs through their surroundings with piqued interest, ”Why here?”

Their parents will be angry, worried even. Solace, she pictures pacing and soaring high overhead to find her eldest daughter. Castile, in his display of apology and desperation, would rake through every bit of land to find her as well. Would Kagerus do the same?

To combat the chill, Valdis ignites a flame around her slender torso, a low kindle to warm her skin and perhaps even Rhaegor’s. ”I wonder how many are already sick and dying,” she doesn’t say this with sympathy and concern, but with a sick intrigue.

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Rhaegor]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the way you kiss me will work each time // Valdis - by Valdis - 11-03-2018, 09:40 AM