• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Yidhra
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

She mentions her past place of dwelling, a continent I imagine to be like Beqanna but different, with different gods - crueler, I'm guessing. Though few come now from the Other Places, I can only assume it is because those Other Places have been ruined due to calloused and neglectful gods. Although Beqanna can be vindictive and cold, she ultimately treats her subject with a compassion that no other land could begin to fathom. We have been here for centuries: we will continue to be here, even when the last of the Others fall.

I simply nod my head in quiet attention as her speech goes on, intrigue colouring my expression as she mentions a secret. She spins the tale of her arrival, waxing poetic about the state of her physical form upon washing up on Beqanna's shores. The picture is far from pretty, but the scar which mars my face speaks the same of my own story here.

She explains her life in the Other Place, elaborating on the customs of her people - though they sound more rigid than customs, more like natural law - and identifying her place in that culture. I listen with piqued interest, imagining myself in her place with a curse to fame, with a powerful family; my family now may be the best known in Beqanna, but ruling here is as flippant as the weather, so we hold no great powers like the ones Yidhra describes. I do, however, lower my eyes at the mention of disappearance: that much we Beqannas can understand, losing others daily to the pull of the Beyond.

Her story of the Element and of the stones is largely lost on me, the implications of the items of which she speaks not available in the dark recesses of my mind. I have only ever known Beqanna. But the moral of her story is not lost to me, in spite of the many intricacies of her tale. Order must be established, even in the most chaotic of times - perhaps most, then. That, in the end times, there must be a calm whose precision pierces even the fabrics of fate itself.

At long last, the sea creature agrees to my terms - agrees to be a subkingdom to the Sanctuary, answering to her and obeying what few laws I have established for her plague-ridden land. Despite my success, a strange, otherwordly anxiety begins crawling across my skin. My whithers twitch in an attempt to be rid of it, but the motion only reveals the effectiveness of her powers; as her water-logged voice continues to reverberate around me, my eyes narrow.

"I want you in power, Yidhra. But you are The Sanctuary's subordinate - you are my subordinate - and what work we do together will but entirely up to the discretion of each of my individual subjects. As for me personally, this is the extent to which I wish to parley with you. In light of our agreement and your cooperation, I bid you good day."

Inhaling with a shudder, my eyes close; and in the dream which immediately greets me, I see Yidhra as she once was, the monstrosity that her figure was in a land that I cannot begin to fathom.

I pull away - I've no wish to play with an eldritch being such as her in my dreams.

I have night terrors enough.

When she looks to find me again, in the awakened world, I am gone - teleported via dream to a spot elsewhere on the Cove.

@[Yidhra]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Yidhra - by Kagerus - 11-10-2018, 06:03 PM