• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the way you kiss me will work each time // Dawn

and I could easily lose my mind; the way you kiss me will work each time
    calling me to come back to bed, singing Georgia on my mind

He doesn't feel bad for spending more time in Hyaline than Tephra, since the change. How could he when this place contains nearly every member of his family, and all the people who shaped his childhood? Although he walks now in an unfamiliar land, his mind is entirely on the beach, the last place he remembers being truly happy. Even though he'd had so much drama there that it felt like he might burst, what is happening now makes that day seem like... nothing.

He had such drama with girlfriends, with boyfriends - now the only things on his mind are his family. Polar-bear shifting best friend included. His love interests will have to wait until later... For how long, he does not know.

It is not long before he finds Warlight and Sviko, both of them together and clearly in a heated discussion. Rhaegor joins them and momentarily puts their thoughts on pause as they all embrace, a strange feeling of reassembly going through each of them as their trio is completed again. It has been some time since Rhae left for Tephra, and none of them can deny that it feels good to be with one another once more, even temporarily.

The three then continue to speak in low voices of the change and of the plague, of their new home (whether they choose to stay or not as of yet undecided) and of the wisdom of mothers' moves, politically. In fact, their talk trickles from minutes to hours as fluidly as the sun drops from overhead to eye-level; Rhae feels drained by the time they decide to break up their group, each of them again in turn embracing and saying subdued farewells.

They are not the happy trio who ran to the lake and explored, so long ago. But they are still as one; they are still each other's.

Spreading his wings, Rhaegor soon thinks better of his plan and decides to stay the night in The Sanctuary. He's not intending to run into anyone at this late hour, and presumes that all shall be asleep; as such, he meanders through the unknown land aimlessly, feeling utterly alone despite his reunion with the others.

Rhaegor

@[Dawn] plz come give him snuggles.
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    the way you kiss me will work each time // Dawn - by Rhaegor - 11-02-2018, 02:37 AM