• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Glaciers melting in the dead of night

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    Wrong.

Something's wrong.

Maybe not something, maybe just everything; the timing, the fact that she had told him she'd rather not have a baby this year because she needed to be available to her people (a reason that was a little too selfless for his taste, but, okay, it's not like babies were all that mattered in the world - so long as they didn't exist yet anyway), the plague, the reshaping of the land, the tension that came with the open lands and the fact that only one kingdom was allowed in every region of the world.

But shouldn't it count for something that they'd tackle it together?

Or maybe - maybe she didn't want to. Would rather run away. Hide, from the fears and everything - no - not everything. Just him. Just like before. Just like when everything wrong had started in the first place.

He can't handle that another time.

Not again.

He watches her lack of response - lack of easing into his caresses, tension still in every fibre of her being - and she pulls away, and her smile doesn't reach her eyes, for she looks sad, if she seems to care about anything at all.

"Wrong." He says, frowning, then follows up. "Be angry now." But it doesn't seem to make much of a difference, and she continues with what she thinks is more important. Land. Leadership. People.

People. Other horses. Residents, subjects, whatever one can call it - she seems to forget about the one she's growing, the one that is too early, but should never ever be told that they should not be. But when she talks about safe places, and people that might want to go there, she excludes herself. Again. As usual.

A sigh escapes him, following her gaze to the island. "I'll go. But Breckin... daina, please, don't do this again. I don't think I can handle it."

As he canters away to make sure the island is safe - safe for her, safe for the child, whatever she may think - he just hopes she understands what it means to him.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Breckin]
    um I sorta made it more sad but here is an ending, ta-taa
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night - by Leilan - 11-02-2018, 03:33 PM
    RE: Glaciers melting in the dead of night - by Leilan - 11-13-2018, 03:13 PM