• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  i'll burn it down; Rey & Any

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    He's not yet sure why exactly he wants the icecube, but Castile already managed to find him (perhaps drawn to the same gathering coincidentally), and at his remark, the scaled roan gives him a small grin, as if to say, sure, why not. But like the dragonic roan, the shifter also hasn't left the place, which means perhaps he doesn't really want to. "Or to cool us down, my friend." he quips easily, not offended by the words right now. They're relatively true, after all. He is the second - these people are still the third. And since Camomila is seriously considering Heartfire's offer, he doesn't think there will be much support for this third claim - aside from the two she has gathered.

The eerie-winged female makes assumptions on the severity he puts in his voice, the same way he suspected they might want to put up another claim. He listens to her and hears only fear; that he might put her in close proximity to sick horses. He snorts, he may not have thought somebody might not trust the fairies, but he figures he might as well go with it for the sake of their conversation, if only a little.

But when she just-not-yet calls him a fool, his eyes narrow at her. "I think you're not looking at the bigger picture. You'd lock yourselves in on this nearly uninhabitable place, instead of the other way around? I doubt this island is big enough for all healthy horses of the world." If that's the way she wants to go, then she should have considered the other thing... Chase the sick to those islands. If all the other safe havens would already welcome them; it would be easier to do, and Beqanna could be safe.

Unless of course, she's too lazy for that. Only here to save her own sorry ass.

He wouldn't do it either, but that's just because he thinks it's not the right way of going at it.

Then a silver black stallion speaks up, telling them he raised Pangea, and that he has been ill. Now that is suspicious, and his ears fall back a second when the name comes up. "You're probably carrying." he concludes, and looks to the blue roan. "If this island isn't truly safe like you're implying, then we're all already doomed from this moment on."

He already knows that it is safe, having spent some time with Heartfire and Briella on the island without contracting a disease, and neither has Castile or Camomila, or Ardashir. And perhaps having personally met a fairy before and knowing what she was capable of, helps with his trust in magic also. But if she needs prove: now it's just a matter of time.

Being called a boy, he turns his attention back to Oxytocin, amused by his statements about kings, fools and princesses - maybe he should pick that as a title, Ice Princess. Nodding to him as if he wasn't just getting insulted a moment ago, he shrugs. "So nice to meet you, too. Please go ahead with that destroying, and we can stop the argument." Simplest solution ever, but he knows it is an empty threat, so he treats it with the emptiness it deserves. It would leave Oxytocin without this safe island, too, and then he would have to go elsewhere and risk travelling through the infected lands to get there. Somehow, Leilan doubts that he will. But if it's a genuine threat then it also solves the problem - sure, he wouldn't get to own a land but, that's less of a problem than having neighbours of such fear-induced intentions.

He doesn't need to react to the man's statement of not letting the sick on the island, because Heartfire arrives. Already challenging Oxytocin and, oh, how ironic is this, clearly already one of those sick horses. Too late now to turn back the sick like you guys wanted. He knows Heartfire would disintegrate any of those three before she'd leave the isle; maybe even bite them to try and infect them. He ignores her outright threat - at the moment, he feels the same way, though he doesn't state so. His body language is neutral enough at this point, though it takes some effort not to go down the same road as his niece. It may be a family trait originating from his mother (her grandmother), that doesn't mean he always has to act on it. Not when it's important that he doesn't, after all.

The third person in this gathering doesn't say much at all for a while. But when he does speak, it's clear who's opinion he thinks he must share. And that he's already had a run-in with Heartfire, some time ago. Well isn't that beautiful. But the flaw in their reasoning still stands - if they think that they're not safe from the sick here, then why would they be here? "Perhaps you should be surrounding yourself with a group of healers and magicians instead of coming to an island you don't think is truly safe, and where several sick horses have already arrived." Briella arrives and it only proves his point further. Makes him wonder which of them wants to even touch them to 'drive them out' or 'deny them entry'. "I believe Tephra has one, maybe Loess." At least that's where Leliana came from. He doesn't think they'd follow his directions, to be honest, even though Tephra is a known safe land; they seem to be about as stubborn as he. But he won't refer them to the ones that will probably come to live in Nerine either; he just doesn't trust these three.

"Like I said, refugees would be welcome. You would be welcome - unless you threaten the other refugees and, since you seem to be, you're forcing us to take action against your interfering. Perhaps another of those safe havens suits your needs better."

Oh, and you're outnumbered. But they can surely see that for themselves.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Phasus - 11-02-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Oxytocin - 11-03-2018, 12:08 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by bruise - 11-03-2018, 12:52 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Leilan - 11-03-2018, 04:07 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Castile - 11-03-2018, 09:57 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Phasus - 11-03-2018, 12:55 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Oxytocin - 11-03-2018, 10:43 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by bruise - 11-04-2018, 01:17 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Briella - 11-04-2018, 01:48 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Leilan - 11-04-2018, 07:23 AM