• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  higher, faster, everlasting; Lilitha.
    Lilitha

I watch the city burn, these dreams like ashes float away...

Lilitha watched Ruan gather himself and consider. She didn’t rush him, just gave him the space to come to the answer on his own. And when he did, she nodded. “That’s all I sought to do, Ruan. Hold her until the lands settle. Or help hold her. Any claim you heard in my voice is only to keep her out of greedy hands that seek to turn her into something she was never meant to be. I’m no one’s queen, and I have no ambition to change that. Ever.” She was hardly queen material, and leading had never exactly been a dream of hers.

“That’s a good idea. I...my petitions at the Mountain have not gone well, historically.” Banished from the land that was supposed to be her home. Cursed to make her fire cause her agony. Her wings burned away as her fire was restored. Asking the fairies for anything tended to go askew, and it hadn’t occurred to her to try again for Taiga’s sake. “I wouldn’t have thought of it myself. But if it comes down to it, that’s a good potential solution.”

On the other hand, they’d be asking of the fairies who would’ve hypothetically gone back on their word to grant them a favor and make good on their promise. But. They’d cross that road if they came to it, yes? “I’m glad you’re here. This sort of thing doesn’t come very naturally to me, and I’m glad to see someone I know I can trust.”

Singe peeked around her shoulder and eyed Ruan again, then glanced at the little boy he guarded with a curious little huff. “You could ask,” Lilitha coaxed gently, craning her head around to brush her lips against Singe’s forehead. But apparently she wasn’t quite feeling brave enough, because she ducked back behind her momma and lowered her head, sneaking another peek beneath her new momma’s chest.

...your voice I never heard, only silence.

Messages In This Thread
    higher, faster, everlasting; Lilitha. - by Ruan - 11-03-2018, 05:05 PM
    RE: higher, faster, everlasting; Any. - by Ruan - 11-04-2018, 07:40 PM
    RE: higher, faster, everlasting; Any. - by Ruan - 11-10-2018, 12:31 PM
    RE: higher, faster, everlasting; Lilitha. - by Lilitha - 12-09-2018, 08:10 PM