• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  monday left me broken; Litotes

Kensa

The people of Hyaline would be a few days with sorting themselves out, determining who would stay in Silver Cove and if any would be allowed to return alongside Solace into the unsafe boundaries of Hyaline to hold their motherland. 

When their group disperses to find places to gather and bed down in the unfamiliar country Kensa goes to Litotes without hesitation. She is dusty and tired, but she is happy to see him, proud of his boldness. She presses her muzzle to his warm pale neck and then calmly moves north, away from the group, not far, she wanted to be easy to find, but apart. She skirts a blue pool of clean water--nothing to their lake-- and steps into a copse of trees forming a half circle around a nest of medium length grass gone yellow and dead as it awaits snowfall. Here she stops, turning her placid face to look for the cremello stallion. 

”Lie.” She says softly in her silver tones, just his nickname and then nothing. The night is going to be cold, and her breath steams in soft clouds around her chocolate muzzle. Now that they are alone the tiredness--physical and emotional--lays claim on her muscles and she takes a step to go to him, to embrace but pauses. Her confidence wavers slightly, this sudden disaster has made her look to him for something she does not know if he wants to give her. They’ve been in innocent flirtation and stirred at embers of lust, but that’s different from this. Different from having someone to sink against when the world seems dark. 

Looking away, her topaz eyes roam over the grassy plain where others are settling, the grass going orange-gold under the fading light. She isn’t defeated, her bravado from earlier still burns, but all of this change is bigger and heavier than any she has had to bear before and she isn’t sure if she has anyone to bear it with. There was a boy somewhere in Beqanna who she had held once through his hurts...but no one has ever held Kensa, or needed to. She is not one for tears and dwelling on dark fears. Except for right now, as night comes upon her in this place that is not her home.

She is going to do all she can for these people and others like them who need a safe place to land. Come what may. The plague may rip her from this earth, but she lives with a ferocity that will make it one hell of a fight. 

What a child she was when she climbed into Hyaline, when she made herself almost sick on sweet plums and gave kisses to a sad boy she found in a lake.

i'm burning like a fire gone wild on saturday
    guess i won't be coming to church on sunday
    i'll be waiting for love to come around

@[Litotes] bb, I tried to be quick. <3

Messages In This Thread
    monday left me broken; Litotes - by Kensa - 11-03-2018, 10:30 PM
    RE: monday left me broken; Litotes - by litotes - 11-04-2018, 08:25 PM
    RE: monday left me broken; Litotes - by Kensa - 11-05-2018, 08:59 PM
    RE: monday left me broken; Litotes - by litotes - 11-06-2018, 01:08 AM