• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  [Magnus] i don't wanna slow dance in the dark, the dark;

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

Magnus had many failings in his life.

He had failed as a leader, failed as a son, failed as a father—but he would not fail for lack of trying. He would never give up his effort to care for his own, to look after those under his care. He would never give up. So when he sees Aysel excuse herself from the meeting and begin to make her way to a more secluded place, he did not waste time in following her as quickly as he could. His heart thundered in his chest at the thought of another child, of another chance to do good by his offspring, to raise them right.

The idea of raising an Amazonian within the heart of Tephra was thrilling.

Still, he gives her space as she enters into labor. He patrols the area around them, worrying as he hears her pain, as he hears her struggle. Frustrated at his inability to do little but ensure her safety, he continued to pace, unable to simply stand still and let the hours pass as, finally, the sounds begin to change.

When it becomes clear that the birth has gone smoothly, he takes a deep breath, relief flooding through him. When she calls for him, he quickly turns and enters into the haven that she has created for her and their daughter in the heart of Tephra. His gold-flecked eyes warm with delight as he takes in the bleating baby now tucked into the mother’s side. “She’s beautiful,” he breathes as he steps forward, pressing his muzzle into the crook of Aysel’s neck, breathing her in. “She’s going to make a fine warrior some day.”

He grins, slightly sheepish.

“Or diplomat. I’d be happy with either.”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Magnus] i don't wanna slow dance in the dark, the dark; - by magnus - 11-04-2018, 03:56 PM