• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

fault lines tremble underneath my glass house; anyone
    Beneath him, a pair of silver fish dart in the brackish water and Ivar’s pale eyes flick to them for just a moment. By the time he looks back up at the lavender haired mare, she is speaking again, telling him that she has come home.

At that, the kelpie tilts his head curiously. She smells of the volcano, like sulfur and Tephra - Ischia isn’t her home.

He takes a step closer, still knee deep in the water, and his blue ears flick toward her. “Home?” He repeats with a raised brow. “You don’t look much like a Kraken.” Using the term the Brotherhood had chosen for themselves come naturally, but the memory of the actual kraken he has so recently met brings a smile to his impossibly handsome face.

It also stirs a hunger because she had left him empty-handed with her departure to Pangea, and the kelpie has not found suitable prey since. There are too many shuffling hooves on this main island for a proper hunt. He’ll have to clear them out, he’s decided, and make room for those that he wants her.

“You’re welcome to stay though,” he adds with a benevolent smile and another step closer. Almost close enough to touch, though he will leave that final decision to Karat. For now. “The Brotherhood is leaving and this is my island now.”

There is iron certainty in the way he says this, as though it is only natural. He has been biding his time for nearly four years, after all. It is time Ivar expand from his western isle and onto the main island; a kelpie should have a large territory filled with mares. Ivar has chosen Ischia to be his territory.

@[Karat] <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: fault lines tremble underneath my glass house; anyone - by Ivar - 11-05-2018, 02:04 PM