• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tell me i'm wrong, and i'll say i'm sorry | any

Well, she hadn't seen that coming. 

Celest had closed her eyes for a moment to catch a quick nap and the world had been rearranged like books on a shelf.  She feels a little sick to her stomach as the magic lingering in the air washes over her, making her skin itch.  But she takes a step towards what appears to be sunshine, her amethyst eyes squinting against the unfamiliar brightness. 

Feeling a little insecure about her prophetic abilities, the brightly colored mare decides to take a chance.  Where there had only been endless, damp forest before her nap, now stood a waving sea of pea-green grasses. The contrast is too great to resist. It would be nice to feel the sun on her back again, she reasons, to reach down and so easily graze without having to kick through leaf-littler and decomposing-who-knows-what. 

If there was ever a day to leave, this was it. 

The oracle knew there were only a few important things which would happen in her life, milestones if you will, and the first was to leave the woods. This first step would begin a chain of events which she had been avoiding for five years by tucking herself away in the heart of Beqanna's most unsavory kingdom. The list was not that long, not that unpleasant, but the last tick on that list had kept her a prisoner long after her jailer had left the woods. The list was unavoidable, and it had crippled her.

Watching yourself die will do that to a girl. 

But she had already made one error today, and she was tired of being miserable. Not a single soul had ever made an effort to show her kindness, or anything less than insults. 

Not that she was a sweetheart - but bad girls deserve love too. 

Maybe.
    Hopefully. 

I'm not a girl, I'm a storm with skin

[Image: celest_by_cowgirlconrad-dcolc1l.png]

Messages In This Thread
    tell me i'm wrong, and i'll say i'm sorry | any - by Celest - 11-04-2018, 03:08 PM