• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

To love is to burn, to be on fire - Magnus

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

Her sadness strike a chord in him and he aches with the familiarity of it. Her own sadness matches the same that rises within him, and he welcomes it in. He breathes the agony of it in deep, letting it settle into his lungs and rest a moment. He lets it curl up in his belly, reminding him of everything, of all of his own failures and shortcomings—all of the ways he has learned to let down the people he loves the most.

“I know,” is all he says, just holding her as she works through her grief on her own. It isn’t something that he can do for her. He knows that much. He knows that he can’t solve this puzzle on her behalf, even though there is a large part of him that wishes he could. He wishes that he could take this on for her, find the answers for her, help alleviate the burden entirely. But life doesn’t work that way and he can only provide support as she does it herself—something that he knows that she can do. Brave girl.

He frowns as she begins to open up, letting the sunlight see the most pained parts of her. “I’m here if you  ever want to talk about it.” Because he knows what it is like to have the world fall apart around you. What it is like for all of your good intentions to turn to dust in your hand. What it is like to look up and find what was once paradise turned to ash. But she mentions a son and his features soften as he holds her closer. “That’s wonderful.” He loves being a father, and he can only imagine the joy that would come with being a grandfather. His frown grows at her next sentence. Miss him? Did that mean he was gone?

He wants to ask where he is. What has happened. But the words die on his tongue.

Instead he just presses a kiss hard into her neck.

“It’s going to be okay. We are going to make this okay.”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

@[Amorette]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: To love is to burn, to be on fire - Magnus - by magnus - 11-23-2018, 04:43 PM