• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when everything is lost; KOKO
    No he couldn’t understand the monster that she had faced and lived through. No one could unless they had lived through it, been in the darkness day after day. She didn’t expect him to understand. She knew that his childhood had been full of fun and family and laughter...love. And she didn’t want that darkness that she had seen, been apart of to touch him or to mar him in anyway. No, it wasn’t something she ever wanted for him.

It was why her eyes didn’t quite meet his.

Why. Such a simple question, a simple word. She almost wonders if she should answer it, but she pulls her lips from his skin and looks out towards the sea. Her voice is quiet, lost amongst the crashing of the waves on the shore but she pauses, and shakes her head before she starts again, louder this time.

“My childhood was not full of light and love.” A small sad smile, her eyes lost amongst the waves but not really seeing them. “I have this ability to hypnotize others, and my father thought it was an excellent ability to use on the mares in his herd. Especially the ones he didn’t plan on keeping around.” His lips were soothing and when his teeth started to lightly groom and fuss along her mane it eased her muscles, stopped her trembling and the words fell from her lips like a waterfall.

“You see if I didn’t do what he wanted me to, my mother would pay for it. She tried to be strong for both of us, tried to keep me from doing what he made me to do, but he was always stronger.” A soft sigh, her words catching as she said the words out loud. “I don’t want to accidently use it on you too. I don’t want to see your eyes glaze over as I tell you to do what I want you to do.” A small shake of her head and she wanted to look at him, to see the sorrow in her eyes, to see the truth. But she didn’t dare.

“He never hurt me like he hurt momma, at least not physically. But I had to do bad things, and sometimes I still replay their deaths in my head.” She doesn’t notice the salty tracks of the tears that she has down her cheeks. Not many, just a couple. Just enough to release the pressure from the feelings inside her. “I’m drawn to you, want to be with you and maybe fall in love with you someday.” If she wasn’t already halfway there anyways. “But I’m scared to hurt you, I’m scared to let myself be vulnerable to you because I don’t know you.” Her head tilts towards him, her eyes not quite looking at him. “My name is Achlyss, by the way.” She says her words softer, a small smile curling the corners of her lips before they found their way back to touch his skin.

Messages In This Thread
    when everything is lost; KOKO - by Achlyss - 11-04-2018, 08:16 PM
    RE: when everything is lost; KOKO - by Sviko - 11-06-2018, 09:07 PM
    RE: when everything is lost; KOKO - by Achlyss - 11-09-2018, 02:13 PM
    RE: when everything is lost; KOKO - by Sviko - 12-22-2018, 05:45 AM
    RE: when everything is lost; KOKO - by Achlyss - 12-23-2018, 04:58 AM
    RE: when everything is lost; KOKO - by Sviko - 12-31-2018, 09:16 AM
    RE: when everything is lost; KOKO - by Achlyss - 12-31-2018, 10:03 AM