• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL OF NERINE
    Exclamation 
    Nerine was home.  

It was that simple, and she'd not abandon the one place in all of Beqanna that she'd found some type of saving grace in or abandon those that had stubbornly remained just as she had.  Even the ones that had vacated the mainland for the supposed sanctuary of the Isle she had felt the unwillingness to give up on their benefit entirely, too driven to search for the means to make the place they had once called home safe again, or as close as possible.  

Luckily, the solution had presented itself rather effortlessly when Brennen had appeared in the early light of dawn, offering to combine the Sisterhood and Brotherhood under one banner to better protect those they cared about.  There was worry for how well the act of merging the two kingdoms might be received, especially with the wizened Amazons she desperately looked up to, but she knew it would be a fool's errand, and a futile effort at best, to appease everyone's wishes.  And Brennen had been correct in pointing out that neither kingdom had been gender biased for some time now, and for the sake of maintaining a safer home for all of Nerine and their closest ally, she honestly believed this was the best decision to be made out of all the other possibilities. 

And she would defend that decision indefinitely until that age-old, reveal-all known as time could prove otherwise.

She had sent out a call as she walked the edge of the shoreline, the dull sound of muffled footfalls seemed to ring in her ears with every step she trod.  The erratic trill of her heart beat set her nerves ablaze, enough to make her foal-bearing body even more-so uncomfortable as she came to a stop near a driftwood log.  With the forced expulsion of a steadying breath, her dark eyes gently surveyed the ones that had gathered nearby, holding her voice patiently until the last settled in.

“Its good to see you all and I hope I’ve found you well enough today.  I’ve summoned you to hopefully ease your mind somewhat during this troubling time in our world.  Not all of us wished to leave Nerine, our home, and some chose to make the trek to Icicle Isle either for themselves or the benefit of Nerine also.  But I had hoped to find a solution to keep this home of ours as safe as possible and as fate would have it, Brennen, King of our sibling kingdom Ischia, approached me.

With some discussion we have decided what we believe to be beneficial in the long term for both of our kingdoms.  We’ve come to the conclusion that for the sake of better protecting our residents, friends and families, the best way to achieve this goal is to unify the Sisterhood and Brotherhood into one combined kingdom here in Nerine.

Brennen has opted to abdicate his throne in favor of becoming the Champion and I will remain as Queen.  With the capabilities of Brennen’s magic he will also stand as a healer to remedy all those who become afflicted by the Plague.  

I will not lie to you and pretend this is a solution to all of our problems or tell you that this plan will progress without a wrinkle in the fabric—is simply too early to tell.  This is not a plan to exterminate the Plague, but to inhibit it and it will not make Nerine immune from its susceptibility, as it would be the case with Tephra for example.  But it is something to give us the opportunity to keep living our lives as we wish, something to give us back some normalcy, something to give us back some hope.  

And allow me the opportunity to reiterate what I have only recently said before;  these days ahead may prove challenging for us all, in one form or another, as time comes to pass, but I would like you all to be aware that I will make and keep myself available to all residents should you need my assistance or help—understand that I will try my best to make these trying times tolerable.

And I implore you to keep interacting with and helping each other, keep creating new bonds with others, do not allow fear to dictate every choice you make to keep you from living freely, and, please, welcome our Brothers, our extended family, as they make their way into our home, and into their new home.

I will be making my way to Icicle Isle shortly to offer the same news I’ve imparted upon you.  I would appreciate it if there was someone that might be willing to accompany me.”

Her voice trails off into silence, allowing the sound of breaking waves behind her to fill the void as she waits solemnly for the reactions of those gathered.

OOC:  basically nerine and ischia are combining into one kingdom in nerine with Breckin as queen and Brennen as the champion. Brennen also has the capability to fully heal any ailing ponies with his magic.  Please respond ICly. This will also count as an activity check for current nerine residents .

Tagging @[Brennen] so you’re aware and can reply if you’d like to add anything. And @[Scorch] because I’m greedy and want scorch words in my life still :|

Messages In This Thread
    ALL OF NERINE - by Breckin - 11-04-2018, 10:01 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Scorch - 11-05-2018, 04:58 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Ardashir - 11-05-2018, 05:54 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Rome - 11-06-2018, 04:41 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Nalia - 11-07-2018, 08:44 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by insane - 11-08-2018, 02:58 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Leilan - 11-08-2018, 03:40 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Agnieszka - 11-08-2018, 11:43 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Sarkis - 11-09-2018, 01:13 AM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Breckin - 11-12-2018, 09:53 PM