• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL OF NERINE
    Nalia had sensed that something in Beqanna was changing, even though she didn't have the ability to tell what it was. She felt somethig in her bones, a chill in the wind, but continued to hope that things were going to turn out for the best somehow. That all the residents of Nerine, and the other kingdoms, would be safe, because she didn't want to see anybody get hurt.

This day, compared to others, was relatively peaceful. The young filly had taken a break from her regular training out by the ocean to graze in Nerine's main meadow, her wings relaxed and slightly drooping down her belly as her teeth picked at the emerald grass. Then, she heard the loud call for Nerine's residents, and Nalia, a dutiful follower, knew she had to respond, worried that the news Breckin had to share would be troublesome.

Instead of flying, since she wasn't far to begin with, Nalia galloped in the direction of the shoreline, reaching it after a few had already gathered. In addition to Breckin, her friends Scorch and Ardashir were there, as well as Rome, a relatively new face to Nalia since she hadn't yet gotten to know him.

Breckin stood above them all on a small dune, the familiar faces all turned up to look at her. Nalia moved to stand next to Ardashir, comforted by the large stallion's presence, as she anxiously waited for what their leader had to say.

Breckin thanked all those who had come before surprising them all by saying that a solution had arisen to help them through these troubling times. Nalia knew a few had already migrated to a new land called the Isicle Isle, a land to the northeast. Nalia had seen it off in the distance a few times when she flew high enough over Nerine, for some reason a bit troubled at this new discovery. However, Breckin wanted to keep Nerine safe, a desire that Nalia and it seemed others shared too. 

Apparantly, Brennen, Ischia's king and a stallion that Nalia had yet to meet, met with Breckin to discuss the current situation. Brennen had agreed to combine the two kingdoms into one, here in Nerine, which meant that any current residents that had migrated to the Isicle Isle would not have far to go if they decided to return to their friends and family. The Ischian king would take over the position of Champion, and Breckin would remain Queen, something that eased Nalia's mind. She trusted the Queen's opinion and instinct, so knowing that she would retain her position for some time meant that at least things would remain stable.

Brennen also apparently had an ability that would help those who had become infected with the Plague, something Nalia and other residents here had fortunately been spared of. Naturally, this was not a foolproof plan, and there would no doubt be challenges in the future since Nerine wouldn't be immune to the Plague, but having the two combined kingdoms here, the power to support one another and two leaders who knew what they were doing, would provide others the hope they needed to get through this trying time.

Breckin finished what she had to say with informing Nerine's remaining residents that she planned to go to Isicle Isle to inform those who had migrated the same information she'd just told those in front of her. Requesting if any would accompany her, there was a moment of silence once the Queen finished speaking for those here to think over her proposition.

Scorch was the first to offer her opinion, stating that Nerine represented more than just a united front. It was a force of strength that gave many others hope, the cohesion that existed among Nerine's residents, Ischia's residents, and now between the two, others would be able to find sanctuary here.

Ardashir spoke next, offering his two bits before telling Breckin he would willingly accompany her to Isicle Isle. Rome also supported the decision, saying he would always be around to help. When Nalia finally had something concrete to say, the filly spoke up, stepping in front of Ardashir so the Queen could see her.

"Nerine is more than just a sanctuary, a place of hope for others. As Scorch said, it's a united front we must present, to show others we have the strength to survive and care for one another. This place has given me the home I always wanted, and for that I will always be thankful. I will never abandon my home, and will do whatever I can to support it. I will gladly help those who live here, and welcome those looking for refuge from the Plague. I will provide all the assistance I can, and I stand by your decision, and Brennen's. I trust your opinion, and the King's, and as you said, there will be challenges, but I know that withour kingdoms combined, we can get through it.

"I would also be willing to accompany you to Isicle Isle, if you'd like another volunteer."

@[Breckin] @[Scorch] @[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    ALL OF NERINE - by Breckin - 11-04-2018, 10:01 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Scorch - 11-05-2018, 04:58 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Ardashir - 11-05-2018, 05:54 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Rome - 11-06-2018, 04:41 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Nalia - 11-07-2018, 08:44 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by insane - 11-08-2018, 02:58 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Leilan - 11-08-2018, 03:40 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Agnieszka - 11-08-2018, 11:43 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Sarkis - 11-09-2018, 01:13 AM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Breckin - 11-12-2018, 09:53 PM