• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL OF NERINE

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    He can’t be in several places at once.

Doesn’t mean that this here idiot will not try, though.

He’s about just in time (or just not) to pick up from a distance, what Breckin has to say. A fusion then. He smiles a bit to himself, wasn’t it just a matter of time? Long time coming and all that? This is what came of the more romantic relationships between those kingdoms; Brennen had just made the same move as he had, now, only since he was the leader, it was more of a permanent decision. Well, not that he minded. He'd early on decided that his vows still stood, but perhaps with the 'family of blood or choice' on top, and the Brotherhood coming next. Though they were also blood of choice, so honestly there wasn't much difference. Just a chance in landscape really.

His mother was already there, too, not surprising. She seems a bit prickly, more than the usual anyway. He wonders why, but since she doesn’t usually talk to him (something he sometimes wonders about if that is a remnant of her Amazon upbringing, favouring the girls to talk to), he has to assume he’s not the cause of it this time - maybe the prospect of this Plague, and the way people react to it. Fear, and lack of thinking, rules the nations these days.

Of course, Scorch doesn’t want to leave home, and though he himself hadn’t honestly wanted to either, he had still been scouting - and somewhat on accident, laid claim. Impulsive acts were his nature, however, so anyone knowing him could have expected he’d stir something up. Though he hadn’t liked what else he’d found on that island. What surfaced after stirring.

Breckin said she would go to the isle to investigate, Ard tells her he would accompany her and Nalia was just curious, wanting to tag along.

”No need.”
    He steps up next to Ardashir, opposite of Nalia; still slightly dripping out of his mane unto the scaled hide that doesn’t seem to care about water - evidence of the short but hasty swim to meet his Brothers and Sisters. Looking from one to another, he gives them a grim smile before continuing, all humour gone out of him in the last few days. If it hadn't been for Jesper's arrival he wasn't sure what he was becoming; ultimately his friends would keep him grounded, and help him cling to his original self. ”The island might be safe from the plague, but the people I’ve found there so far - those not originating from our own kingdoms - are not. With the exception of only one; she came because she wants a second chance at leading.” A chance he hadn't minded giving her but, she would have needed time to prove herself to Nerine before getting land so easily.

He shakes his head, for good measure perhaps, but also to clear his thoughts and find the words before continuing. ”So that means there’s four claims on that island, one of them is hers and one is mine, because I’d rather have it for Nerine in sharing,” a deep breath instead of a sigh, ”than have neighbours who would violently keep out every sick horse.” Neighbours I doubt we can trust. Because if they weren’t open-minded or good-natured or at all helpful, like the Nerinians, what else were these people capable of? Cowardice came in many forms, but that didn’t mean these horses weren’t dangerous.

He lets that sink in for a moment, seeking their gazes, their opinions. ”So I ask you, what do you want? Because if you want to have the opportunity to go there freely, be that to hide, to visit, to raise our children, or to prevent yourself from spreading sickness... To have it as a subkingdom of Nerine or even just as a free herdland - it’s going to take more than a few heads." A small frown, then a look at Rome and Porcia to make sure his message comes across. "I don’t ask that you move there; Nerine is our home, and I'm glad to know you've been keeping it safe and will continue to do so. But I would like you to consider showing our strength to those who dare think to oppose Nerine, thinking it is weak enough to be challenged in these days. We are not a split-up, spread-out kingdom. We have come together to be a united front. Now is the time to show that united face to the world. But whatever the decision - vote, fight, give up - let it be one we all decide on.”

There, that's it then. If the Nerinians won't stand by him for this claim... if it's just him and Castile and Jesper out there, then even teaming up with Camomila might not be enough. In which case it is better to take the loss and move back here, gather everyone in Nerine and hope they won't get too many smug faces from the icy island. But that's the trouble. Give them a finger, they'll probably take the whole hand, the whole arm even, and challenge Nerine. Show a predator your weakness, and they'll abuse it.

It's not about the island. It's about keeping all his Brothers and Sisters safe.

But if nobody wants him to do that, then who's he to decide on his own?

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    ALL OF NERINE - by Breckin - 11-04-2018, 10:01 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Scorch - 11-05-2018, 04:58 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Ardashir - 11-05-2018, 05:54 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Rome - 11-06-2018, 04:41 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Nalia - 11-07-2018, 08:44 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by insane - 11-08-2018, 02:58 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Leilan - 11-08-2018, 03:40 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Agnieszka - 11-08-2018, 11:43 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Sarkis - 11-09-2018, 01:13 AM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Breckin - 11-12-2018, 09:53 PM