• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL OF NERINE
    They made their way to her in their own time, watching beneath the cover of pale lashes barred against the coastal winds as they came and stood amongst their fellow kingdom mates.  The leopard mare meets each of their gazes warmly in unspoken greeting, the caliber of her smile intensifying with each familiar face that appeared.  And after she had finished speaking and settled back to hear of their own opinions—each in their own turn and giving them nothing short of her fullest attention—it amazed her once more, that despite whatever differences they had, that their beliefs fell so beautifully in line with the standards of the Leviathans as a whole.  The swell of pride she feels towards each of Nerine’s people warms her against the promise of winter that chills the air surrounding them.

The leopard mare readies herself to tell them of the pride that emboldens her until a voice that she knows so intimately causes her to remain silent.  With a questioning tilt of her head, she stills her tongue with familiar patience as Leilan enlightens them with the latest news of the Isle.  Her dark stare breaks away from her lover momentarily to move towards her residents, attempting to gauge their reactions as his words fall upon their ears.  When he speaks of claiming the Isle himself, her attention snaps back to him, her expression flickering somewhere between curiosity and surprise.  Though in the end, the dueling thoughts recede in favor of simple appreciation for his wanting to take on the responsibility of a leadership role, and she wonders if it's possible he might learn a thing or two from it just as she had.  For the briefest of moments she's unable to hide the amused smile she shoots towards the scaled stallion.

"Before we address what Leilan has informed us of, I'd like you to know how much I appreciate everyone's dedication to Nerine.  Your willingness to serve and offer your assistance to our own and those that may come in search of help makes me so very thankful to know each of you, and proud to call you my Sisters and Brothers."  She looks to them with a certain fondness and adoration, and her thoughts drift towards Icicle Isle and towards the ones who weren't able to physically be present now.  But she holds them in the same light nonetheless, appreciative all the same for the strides they try to make to benefit their homeland.

"I would also like to thank Ardashir for his acceptance of the Zhilli position."  In the gathering, she finds the large, ghostly stallion easily enough.  "His commitment, strength, and level-headedness will take him far in his new rank.  I have no doubts."

Taking a moment to allow everyone to acknowledge their new General, she lets the smile slowly fade from her lips before gently steering the conversation back towards the more pressing subject.  “I think it would be in Nerine’s best interest to support Leilan’s claim to Icicle Isle as best we can afford to.  Even our healers have their limits, and it would give me some peace of mind to know we have an allied land nearby to turn to immediately if the need arises.”  Heavens forbid it would, but still, it always wise to have a backup plan. “And the thought of having potentially violent neighbors is unappealing.”

Content with having spoken her piece, her eyes turn to meet with each her fellow Leviathans with a brow raised in inquisitiveness.  "What do you think?" Leilan had asked for all of their opinions after all, and she makes no move to prevent them from letting their voices be heard.  

@[Scorch] @[Ardashir] @[Rome] @[Nalia] @[Leilan] @[Sarkis] @[Agnieszka] also tagging @[Heartfire] and @[Brennen] because they might be watching :p sorry for weird wording also or if I left anything major out. was half asleep while writing.

Messages In This Thread
    ALL OF NERINE - by Breckin - 11-04-2018, 10:01 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Scorch - 11-05-2018, 04:58 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Ardashir - 11-05-2018, 05:54 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Rome - 11-06-2018, 04:41 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Nalia - 11-07-2018, 08:44 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by insane - 11-08-2018, 02:58 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Leilan - 11-08-2018, 03:40 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Agnieszka - 11-08-2018, 11:43 PM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Sarkis - 11-09-2018, 01:13 AM
    RE: ALL OF NERINE - by Breckin - 11-12-2018, 09:53 PM