• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA
    Chaol almost laughs aloud when he sees the buckskin stallion making his way across the land towards him. A knowing smile curling his lips as he watches, as he waits. When the stallion stops before him he dips his head slightly but takes a small step back. He wanted enough distance between them that he hoped that they wouldn’t get the plague if he carried it. He didn’t even want to chance it with these that Lily called hers. She loved them and cared for them and he wouldn’t do anything to get them sick.

Chaol meets the crooked smile of Magnus, ears flickering this way and that. “She was right.” The inquisitive look that he was given made his smile larger. “Leliana. She said you would meet me at the border.” He almost lets out that laugh that he had been holding it...almost but instead he lets it slide away. “I’m Chaol.”

They are interrupted by the very girl he has come to find and while yes she does look like her father, he imagines, all he can see are the lines of his Lily in her face, along the curves of her body. “Adna.” He says her name, tasting it on his tongue, even if he has said it before. “You’re beautiful, just like your momma.” He says, his lips itching to reach out to touch and taste but he does not, he tucks his head closer to his chest, edging backwards just a little bit more.

“Your momma sent me to give you a message little snake girl.” An amused smile curling his lips. “I told her I would hurry here with all haste to let you know. Would you like to hear what she has to say?” Normally he would have lowered his face a little bit closer to hers, peering at her with an amused smile, all the distance between the three of them a lot less distant. He would have stood close enough to reach out to touch, at that distance that was just close enough to be familiar and far enough away not to be too close.

But for now, he stayed away from them, careful to stay along the inside of Tephra’s border in case the magic was true and it didn’t spread here.

Messages In This Thread
    the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by Chaol - 11-05-2018, 08:44 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by magnus - 11-06-2018, 02:13 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by adna - 11-06-2018, 02:44 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by Chaol - 11-06-2018, 05:43 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by magnus - 11-06-2018, 11:41 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by adna - 11-07-2018, 12:02 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by Chaol - 11-09-2018, 09:55 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by magnus - 11-11-2018, 08:21 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by adna - 11-11-2018, 08:57 PM