• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The things we take with us || Jinn ||

Adria

I felt nothing at all, freedom of the fall

He’s as unexpected as she’d expected him to be. Wonderfully different, almost a rarity in her opinion. Sweet Jinn, so curiously apprehensive when it came to others and their designs, yet so willing to extend himself for their benefit. Adria had never asked him for healing or the light, she’d never asked if touching him would be okay … he allows it, and she doubts it has anything to do with personal gain.

No; Jinn was a servant by nature, intelligent without being a narcissist and impossibly kind. It was blatantly obvious why the seamare would hope to hoard his company (for she was lonely too) but his shocked expression, along with his question, take her by surprise as well. “Why not?” The Nereid questions, obstant. Her pale lips widen further, giving the appearance of someone who’s much more confident than they should be. “I’ve seen you swim … I won’t let you drown.” Adria promises, thinking such a thing would be the only plausible objection Jinn could have to traveling abroad.

Internally she feels a bit wounded at such a sudden disinterest on his part. When Tähti had proposed a trip to Hyaline before this awful plague, the nomadic water horse didn’t even think twice about going. It seemed only natural to explore and meet others, but with a sharp and purely mental slap on her own wrist, the pied girl remembers not every inhabitant was keen on expanding their boundaries. Some, like her parents, were more than content to remain in one location forever.

“I have to return there at some point …” She fondly explains, after a moment's peace to hear what he would say. “My priority is visiting Ischia, seeing my family. Maybe … maybe when I return to Silver Cove you’ll be there, waiting?” She proposes hopefully.

Let it be purely his choice, then. He could choose the safety of anonymity and his shadows, or seek out the sunlight and her companionship. Either way it’s clear that the slender mare isn’t looking for a direct refusal at the moment. Instead she merely sighs a wistful sort of sound before reluctantly turning away, casting one long stare behind herself in hopes of glimpsing those eyes (the ones like her father wore) one last time.

“Ask for Adria!” She croons, choking back a bitter, little sob as her steps transition into a lengthy trot. She won’t stay a moment longer, lest she succumb to childish antics like crying, so instead she disappears.
    In her heart, however, the siren of the seas knows how desperate she is to see him again.

@[Jinn] Figured a wrap-up was necessary with the change of seasons! Please please please let’s throw these two together soon Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    The things we take with us || Jinn || - by Adria - 11-05-2018, 02:09 PM
    RE: The things we take with us || Jinn || - by Adria - 12-08-2018, 12:57 PM