• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  call me the world's sexiest killing machine; lacey
    “Stop.”

For once, he listened. A single word cut him off at the knees, and he shut his damn mouth and listened. Saw the pain in her eyes before she turned away, and he stayed put. Let her walk away as she told him truths he hadn’t wanted to hear. His apologies didn’t matter, didn’t change anything, didn’t mean anything.

And there was nothing he could do to fix it.

He stared after her, not even watching the delicious sway of her ass as she left, just...just staring as this sharp pain lanced through his chest, pain he knew well but had made himself forget. To keep breathing after Ty’d stomped all over him and walked away. Huh. Wow. He...was an idiot. He opened his mouth again to...what, apologize? Beg her to stay? Why the fuck should she? She’d said it all, hadn’t she?

He had royally fucked up. Repeatedly. And had pretty much let himself be blithely oblivious to the pain he was causing her every day, just by existing around her. Told himself he’d fixed it when all he’d managed to do was hurt her more. “There’s no way you can make it right.” He closed his eyes and let the words wash over him again, crash through him, shove that sharp pain even deeper because he deserved it, didn’t he?

He waited until she was out of earshot to whisper it again anyhow. Even though it didn’t matter, even though it was meaningless, even though it couldn’t change anything. “I’m sorry.”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; lacey - by Kerberos - 12-11-2018, 02:25 PM