• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma
    Probably he should’ve been a little more straightforward with Roma in Ischia. Ah well. His family came first. No matter how glad he was to see her alive and well, she’d showed up in the middle of a crisis and he'd had important things to take care of, making sure his family was safe, that everyone made it safely across to their new (temporary?) island home. A race to the new island might’ve been fun any other day, but not while he was fretting over his family and trying to make sure everyone made it okay.

And really, they hadn’t. Kirby had scooped up Lacey and Reilly to drag them across the water, something that would’ve been pretty fuckin’ difficult if he’d just lit out with a smirk and chased after his friend. But when the dust settled, when everyone was safe and looked after, he went to find her. There was a rueful grin on his face when he came across her, more charm than apology. He wasn't really sorry, so no sense wasting breath saying otherwise.

“Looks like you beat me pretty soundly,” he said with an amused twinkle in his eyes. “Those wings of yours, guess it was inevitable.” His grin softened into a welcoming smile as he added, “How have you been, Rom? It's been too long.” Granted, he didn't know exactly how long it had been on her end. But enough had happened since the last time he’d seen her that it felt true enough anyhow.
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma - by Kerberos - 11-06-2018, 06:35 PM