• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Any
    do you ever wonder...
    ...do you ever dream?

Since arriving in the cove, the black and white steed made it a point to memorize every geographical facet of the new sanctuary. He thought it the most productive use of his time while everyone arrived. Not to mention, the task kept his mind off of his beloved mother and sister. Solace and Valdis chose to stay behind in Beqanna. He could see Solace, as a shepherd among those who were lost and, his twin must be bravely tracking down family. He could not be sure where the remainer of his siblings are; however, he hopes they are together and safe. There is no use in dwelling on the what ifs. He chose to stay here, with Kagerus. She would surely be a fierce guardian but, he could heal. Though, like every gift, his had limits. He could not heal himself. He had to keep himself safe, in order to help everyone else. If they worked together, mother and son could keep the plague at bay.

His inner musings led Velk to decide to seek Kagerus. The black and white feels confident that he completed his self-assigned task to satisfaction. To whose satisfaction, he could not be sure but, he feels validated. Now, he would take the initiative to seek his Queen and, help in any way he could. After all, his initiative shows that he is eager and willing to learn; that he cares deeply for the welfare and future of Hyaline's residents; that he intends to invest himself completely to the vision his parents have worked so hard to paint; and, that he values Kagerus' example as his mother and champion. Male tosses his poll which causes sapphire blue tresses to shift slightly as they flop down thickly muscled neck. Soft blue gaze peers beneath veil of royal blue as toned hindquarters bunch and engage to push steed into a balanced trot. Young stag follows the scent trail his widened nares have identified as his antlered, mahogany overo mother.

Before long, her familiar form comes into focus. Two-beat jog settles into a halt before Velk lifts his young poll and a lightness floods his blue orbs. Whiskered muzzle jitters in excitement; recognition, and then, he approaches his matriarch in an animated walk. A soft nicker emits as he stretches his plush nose out to take a deep inhale of her comforting perfume. Whiskers meld into her crest and mane as Velk breathes in. At last, he breaks the silence with his mature voice, tone gentle and soft. "Kag, how are you?" He could only imagine how worried she was, how stressed. He sighs against her cheek before turning cranium and gaze so that is parallel to hers. Velk allows his blue gaze to rest in the same direction as hers, on the same tranquil landscape. He waits patiently for her response and, listens closely. "I have studied and memorized every square hoof of Silver Cove. I could not help but think that I should be doing more. Would you have something in mind?"

Velk

@[Kagerus], basically, Velk wants to prepare himself/continue his training. I was hoping Kag had a task to prove himself or, maybe a training lesson (diplomatic or sparring). <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Any - by Velk - 11-11-2018, 12:40 PM