• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Any
    do you ever wonder...
    ...do you ever dream?

I am doing as well as I can, son. The words strike Velk with the brutal honesty he expected. After all, her soul mate is away, her children are abroad, their beloved home is threatened and, Beqanna is a state of shock and termoil. The two-toned steed would not expect his mother to be holding up any better. His eyelids close, his long lashes brushing his cheekbone, as he embraces the brief moment that him and Kagerus are touching. Her warmth comforts him enough to usher a sigh.

Sapphire gaze scans the horizon until her voice pulls him back to the present. I hope you are doing well, too, she offers. He organizes his response and, musters the calmest tone possible. "I am managing. Mostly, I feel restless. It makes me uneasy to be so isolated; so unaware of the goings-on." Cupped accoustic, closest to Kagerus, rotates towards the bay to catch her subtle, but audible, inhale. The two-toned stallion anticipates more words and pulls his gaze from the horizon. As his mother's voice continues, sapphire orbs meet hers. Her words lure him in and, he finds himself growing eager with anticipation.

Ah yes, kingdom visits would certainly be a productive way of introducing ourselves, the East and, learning the status of the land they visit. Of course, it must be safe in order to do so. Or, as Kagerus offers, she could dream teleport another with her. Traveling by her magic was unsettling the first couple of times as Velk became overly conscious of the lack of time needed to travel. Also, the lack of energy expended (on his part) left him feeling as though he had cheated the system. It certainly is by-far the safest way to go and, he could manage the lapse in time better now. Then, she proposes a challenge between them. At first, he did not know what to say. He is honored and intimidated at the same time. His ears flick back and forth in a nervous quiver as she finishes speaking. Velk takes the time to mull it over a few seconds more so that he can gather his thoughts before responding. "I think that is a very constructive use of our time and energy. As this will be my first spar, I would appreciate any advice you can offer." His nostrils flutter with excitement as he squares his stance and draws in a breath of fresh air.

Velk

@[Kagerus]
    1. I am sorry for the delay. Obviously, i dont mind a slow thread because it took me 4 weeks to get this up. Also, I know they are traveling to other lands but I did have this reply started already and, I would LOVE to duel with you/Kag.
    2. Will we stay here in the safety of the cove or, head to Challenges?
    3. Kag is welcome to go first unless you don't want to.
    4. Typical length (3 attacks each, right?) or, would you like to make modify? I am open to anything really!
    5. Thank you for bearing with me <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Any - by Velk - 12-16-2018, 07:13 AM