• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Any
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

I am managing. The words cause my heart to constrict a little; though I am experiencing the stress of this new, plague-ridden Beqanna, some naive part of me had believed that perhaps my children have managed to avoid its curses. And while it is true that Velk is yet healthy, the fact that he is still emotionally burdened by these goings-on makes my heart ache. While I did not witness his birth nor did I raise him since then, I met and immediately grew to love Velk and his sister Valdis when they were but weanlings; they are as much my own as any of the others, and when they are in pain, so too am I.

Luckily, I have a solution to his restlessness, and when I voice it, he reacts positively - almost moreso than I dared to expect, given his latest assessment that things were only as all right as they could be. Encouraged by his enthusiasm, I easily come up with a few pointers for him, recalling my time during the Alliance with such a gauzy nostalgia that I can barely believe that such happy, worry-free times were ever real.

"Well, my biggest advice is to be slow and precise. Rushing things will often get you tripped up, or you will miss your mark - and while it may seem like your opponent will automatically have the upper hand due to your caution, that is almost never the case, unless you are facing a very experienced warrior." I smile a little ruefully at this, remembering how I had done the exact opposite of this during my final Alliance battle, against Brennen; his title, age, and legendary air in the field of battle utterly unsettled me, and caused me to lose that battle. Had I taken the advice I give now to Velk, I suspect that things may have turned out differently.

"Otherwise, the rest is rather simple. Know your opponent - which I should hope that you do - learn to immediately gauge their weaknesses and their strengths, know your own too and how to utilize them such that you function at your peak efficiency, and use any traits you have. Even if you have none pertinent to battle, you still stand a fare chance; the faeries do not judge the battles in terms of who comes out with the most wounds, but on a whole variety of criteria. So do not think yourself immediately disqualified on the basis of traits."

Figuring that that is about all I have to say, I reach and press my nose into Velk's side. "I will see you soon to battle, son. Fare thee well."

@[Velk]

1. I love your words and I will wait eternities to get to read them!! Life happens, I totally understand <3
    2. I think we will stay here.
    3. Kag really does not want to go first if that is okay :|
    4. I would like to modify, otherwise we may never actually finish this duel lmao.
    5. Of course <3 I am going to post a challenge for him now, in a new thread.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Any - by Kagerus - 12-17-2018, 04:10 AM