• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

like the dawn, you broke the dark - kag
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

With soft kisses and doting looks exchanged as the pains of birth intensify in Solace's belly, we make our way to a copse of stark white birch trees not far off. Though I've only been with Solace for one of her births, there had happened to be three that time; as I watch her settle into the curve of the earth, I know that this will be easier. Still, I find myself pacing as she begins the process. When quiet noises of pain and discontent fall from her lips, I am by her side, mouth pressed to her cheek such that I might murmur words of encouragement to the bravest woman I shall ever know.

When he comes, elation at first fills me: but then a pang as I glimpse the pure white of his coat. I'd never considered the possibility of our union producing a lethal white foal, though Kavi had warned me as much decades ago when I reached sexual maturity. For a moment, I fear for the life of our new child, anxiety ripping at the muscles of my chest; but then a strange calm surrounds me. I know this child intimately; I have been in his dreams; and as his purple eyes flutter open and find mine, I know that he will be okay. He may have died save for the magic invested in this continent; I say a silent prayer of thanks to the Beqanna gods as I behold him. Our son.

What shall we call him?

My eyes return to Solace now, watching as she places long, cleansing strokes of her tongue against our son's wet figure. I step forward to help before answering, marvelling in the ways the boy matches the way I'd imagined him in our dreams. He smells young and like Solace, and he even glows like her, too; it becomes more and more evident as the darkness falls, and I find that I cannot help but to shake my head.

"He is perfect, Sol. You made him perfect."

As if to demonstrate my assertion, the glowing prince glides to his feet without much effort, succeeding on his very first try. The lethality of his syndrome is clearly nonexistent, for none of our children have taken to standing this quickly. Smiling an awestruck smile, I reach to gently guide his fumbling nose towards that which he instinctually seeks, staying with my mouth against his suckling throat for a moment until leaving him to feed. "You are so beautiful, my son."

Lifting my head, I find Solace next to me. "I think we will call him Aegean, my love." Gathering her to me, I find my eyes gently closing. If I am tired, she must be exhausted. "Come to sleep, and we shall all dream. Already I see the glow of snowlight, though its hue is purple..." Eyelashes fluttering, we gently fall through consciousness, my words a guide as we navigate a dream whose sweetness is only a taste of that which we've been blessed with tonight.

@[Solace] @[Aegean] cute little closer that makes no sense and is bad but oh well <3
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like the dawn, you broke the dark - kag - by Kagerus - 11-30-2018, 07:32 PM