• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim
    The meadow was a dangerous place to be, but she goes anyway. Everyone is scrambling for a safe place, gathering their loved ones and seeking a sanctuary away from the disease-ridden lands, but not Starsin. Too used to being alone, she had found it hard to take up Ophanim’s promise of protection every night. As nice as it was to have a warm body to curl next to, and even though he had given her no reason to not trust him (hadn’t even thought anything, truthfully), the young filly struggled to maintain a normal connection. There were times she went days without seeing him — following the same pattern she had learned from her careless mother — and the onset of the outbreak had been during one of those spells. With the land in utter chaos, she had disappeared into the forests, leaving behind the sick and destruction, and deciding that she would seek him out when things had settled. 

The snow that lays nestled across the gentle knolls is largely untouched, only a few hoof prints criss-crossing over it. Most were not risking the chance of falling ill, but Starsin was stubborn, and maybe still suffering from the youthful notion of thinking she was invincible. 

Almost a year old, she is no longer the small, night-black filly she had been. Her legs were longer, her body leaner, and her black coat had already paled to a steel gray. Curious dapples laid across the side of her body — the light spots matching the stars in the night sky and their constellations. Her cobalt eyes scanned the mostly barren landscape, and she is surprised to find her target so soon. To her, he is easy to spot; he is the only thing in this world she can consider familiar. 

”Ophanim,” she calls, her honey-sweet voice hanging in the cold winter air between them, suspended by imaginary strings. She is at his side in a matter of strides, her dainty muzzle brushing against his shoulder and sliding back to where his wings merge with his back. ”I didn’t know where to find you.” Of course, it was her fault for disappearing, as she always did, but she wouldn’t say that. ”Why are you in the meadow? I assumed your family would have moved to one of the new lands.” She is nonchalant in the way that she says it, but she regards him carefully with her dark blue eyes, mildly curious as to whether or not he had had even an inkling of concern for her whereabouts. And she has a pretty surefire way of knowing what he was thinking.

@[Ophanim]

1) my html is showing messed up on my phone, even in previous posts 
    2) I pretended that Starsin stayed the night with Ophie a lot but also has a habit of just randomly leaving. Cause that’s exactly what she’s would do.

Messages In This Thread
    lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim - by Starsin - 11-09-2018, 01:34 AM