• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim
    In my dark times, I'll be going back to these streets, promising everything I do not mean. In my dark times, baby, this is all I could be
    He had begun to fly more often, safe in the skies above the ill and the dying. He thought that he might be able to spot Starsin from up there but she eluded him each day as the plague continued to spread. Today he has decided to rest his wings, to brave the cancerous meadows long enough to graze and maybe seek out his companion from a different angle. His mother had left for safer territories after she kissed his forehead goodbye. Jenova knew he wouldn’t leave so easily, not when he had someone to search for in all this mess. It had been so hard to see her cry for the first time since he was born.

He turns his red and white head when she calls his name, the sound of her voice lighting up his face as he smiles in her direction. Ophanim hurries to meet her, curling his neck over hers eagerly in an embrace while her lips search the slopes of his shoulders. They’re no longer the bony newborns they had been, especially with Ophanim growing more muscular and strong by the day. His wings have lost their newborn fuzz and turned to sleek feathers with more pronounced eyes all across their undersides. His smile is warm and charming without even meaning to be.

He shakes his head no when she speaks and lets out a bit of a nervous laugh. To tell her the truth would mean exposing all those delicate emotions he kept hidden away but he can’t think of a lie at the moment. “No, my mom left for some other place but I stayed because uh…” he hesitates, fumbles with different thoughts before meeting her gaze with his. “You know, I wanted to be on my own.

Starsin has hardly any need to peek into his mind when he gets nervous like this, honestly. He’s a terrible liar and the truth is spelled out across his face for her to see. It’s in the way his eyes find hers, the corners of his lips remaining curled into a soft grin just being here with her. If she pressed to him tight enough, she’d feel the way his heartbeat picks up whenever she’s close to him. But he tries his best not to speak on these things.

I’m sorry I didn’t find you sooner,” he says, sweeping the subject off the table. Ophie presses his lips to her cheek and relaxes in the warmth of her skin before moving to stand beside her. His wing stretches out and over her, sharing his body heat and serving to shield her from the snowflakes still drifting from the clouds overhead.
    ophanim
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim - by Ophanim - 11-21-2018, 12:31 PM