• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim
    In my dark times, I'll be going back to these streets, promising everything I do not mean. In my dark times, baby, this is all I could be
    His heart is warm like summer rains, tender and velvet in her palms, but for others he keeps it high up on the shelf where no one can even see it. He keeps it encased in glass without a price tag so they all know that it is priceless and unattainable to the laity. No, only his broad shoulders and confident smile are within reach, only this body. But for Starsin, he lets her run her fingers through him and delights in how perfectly she plucks at his strings. Even if he is only some instrument to combat her loneliness, this is enough for him.

His bright eyes cast a sideways glance at her when she echoes his statement. A soft, caught with his hand in the cookie jar sort of laugh fills him but he says nothing to add to her victory over him. Ophanim nods a bit when she tacks on the words she wants to hear him say and perhaps he should forfeit this much for her. He leans his head to mumble against her ear, warm breath spilling over delicate skin, “I’ll always come to your rescue.” But the idea of her finding her way into danger is something he can’t quite imagine. She’s smarter than him and he knows it, knows to concede that she is better than him in that sense. He, on the other hand, gravitates toward danger as though the chaos of it might complete him.

And that is why he is the Icarus who flies so close to her sun. Lets the fire of her love melt him.

His eyes close like a roosting bird when she settles against his chest and he tries to keep his breathing steady now that he knows she can hear it. Meanwhile, his heart thumps nervously against his ribs to have her like this. Should they go somewhere? Perhaps, but his plan to rescue her had only ever gotten this far in his mind, and whatever came after was simply irrelevant. Ophanim rests his chin against her temple as he tosses ideas back and forth in his mind.

We can go where ever you want. Somewhere south, where it’s warmer, or far up north with the ice and quiet. Doesn’t make a difference to me as long as we’re together,” he says softly. But he knows she’ll come and go no matter where they decide to settle. Someone as celestial, as divine as his revenant lover could never be tied solely to him and he knows this. This realization of her supernal love used to catch in his throat and choke him but he has acquired an appetite for the agony.
    ophanim
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim - by Ophanim - 12-03-2018, 12:01 PM