• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim
    In my dark times, I'll be going back to these streets, promising everything I do not mean. In my dark times, baby, this is all I could be
    The sincerity in her voice feels like electricity along his skin, makes him smile to himself. Did she really care so much for him? He doesn’t dare speak the question but it ripples throughout his thoughts all the same. Her rejection, he knows, would cripple his ego. But the words go unspoken so he can tell himself that she feels for him all that he feels for her, that his affections are requited. Ophanim peeks down at her when she suddenly tenses and he worries for a moment that this may be some symptom of the plague.

Are you okay?” he asks, brushing his lips against her briefly as though he could ever sense some ailment that way. Or maybe it was simply an excuse to kiss her once again. (If she caught an illness then he wanted it too, wanted to suffer alongside her so she wouldn’t be alone even in that while he was around.) But then she’s already moving on to the next topic, always above the fears of simple boys like him. He supposes that’s part of why he likes her so much. She disregards her own regality enough to give him the time of day.

Just you and me?” And the questions lights up his face as he smiles wider now, enough that it wrinkles the corners of his eyes a bit. He doesn’t catch that possessiveness lurking just beneath the sweet syllables he loves to hear. And even if he did, he might still dive headfirst into her promises and let her drown him. If any hands found their way around his throat, he would want them to be hers and hers alone. She could ruin him and he would say thank you. He would say please.

He kisses along her neck and sighs pleasantly as he imagines a life on some remote island, just him and Starsin to watch the sunsets together. In his paradise, she never leaves and he never has to look for her or wonder. She would stay just as he did now for her. Maybe someday, he tells himself as he brushes her forelock from her face so carefully.

I’m happy anywhere that you are. I’m happy just thinking of you,” he admits with a soft laugh that sounds like something out of a dream. How blessed he is to have met someone as beautiful and kind as her, he thinks to himself.
    ophanim
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim - by Ophanim - 12-10-2018, 02:07 PM