• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I feel it running through my veins; Tiphon
    BUT HOW COULD YOU KNOW THE SWEETEST SUFFERING
    OF MOVING ON
    Lost and alone.

Yes, Tiphon is very much familiar with both. The void from which he was awoken had affected him in both ways. It provided a solitude that he couldn’t escape from until that strange voice stirred him. Somehow, it opened his eyes and guided him toward a faraway light that provided him an escape.

Ever since leaving, he has still been lost and alone.

Tiphon, the voice had named him.
    Infection and Starlace are his parents.
    Candle is his twin.
    And Ischia. Somehow, he remembers the island but nothing more.

What life he may have had prior is lost to him. It would not have been so bad had he not been recognized. To see Wallace’s face, so bitter with an underlying look of hurt, pained him in a way he never anticipated. It meant there had been a life, a history, long forgotten. It made him deeply wonder if he had experienced love or fatherhood. Did he have grandchildren? An entire family and home?

The possibility stabs a knife into his heart as he meanders through the forest. His eyes, cloaked by his forelock, stare in a thoughtless haze, clouded by his ignorance. There is no end goal of his wanderings, no destination to guide him. Alone, Tiphon loses himself until there is a body suddenly in his path, a girl that stares longingly into the towering forest. A magnetism draws him to her, but he doesn’t quite know why. It could easily just be the sight of something beautiful in a world so destroyed.

”Hello,” he begins, his voice husky and thick in his throat. He tries to conceal the febrile symptoms as heat rises through his body. ”A plague,” he looks around them solemnly, ”who would have thought.” Casual small talk with a stranger.

If only he knew this was his beautiful daughter, a piece of his heart.

TIPHON
    STARLACE AND INFECTION

@[Joscelin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I feel it running through my veins; Tiphon - by Tiphon - 11-13-2018, 08:17 PM