• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Colb pony] When the sky above us fell, we descended into hell;
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you ;

She does not waver beneath the sea-mare’s scrutiny, for she still felt hazy with fever and sickness. Her brain is sluggish to trigger any sort of warning, and she hardly can muster the strength to flinch at the sight of the tentacles reaching towards her. Her glossy brown eyes cannot stray from the mare’s face, even as the alien-like appendages stroke against her skin. However, when one such suction cup attaches to her nose, and then gently pops off, it elicits a snort of  surprise, and she falters backwards a step.

There is a moment of clarity in her eyes, the start seeming to have roused her for a moment from her fevered, trance-like state. The surprise quickly wears off, as a smile breaks across her dark lips along with a raspy laugh, ”That tickled.”

Her trust is won far too easily, and not only because she is feeling weak and ill. Chryseis is fearless only in the way a child can be; she thinks herself invincible, that even though death is a real thing, it is still untouchable for her. Much like the kelpie stallion, she fails to see the threat the mare might really be, especially not when her words seem so friendly.

She questions her knowledge on the ocean, and Chryseis shakes her head. ”I grew up in the mountains. I have hardly seen the ocean at all, truthfully.” Many of the oceans myths are foreign to her; kelpies and sirens she knows, but most other legends she has never heard of. Her body shudders, then, with another cough, turning her head away from the sea-mare in effort to keep the blood from spraying in her direction. She turns back to her, her brown eyes watery from the exertion of her coughing spasm. ”It’s just a cold, I’m pretty sure.” She feigns a smile as crimson blood trickles from her nose, dripping to land on the ground below.  

chryseis.
    and i'm still waking every morning but it's not with you

@[Yidhra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Colb pony] When the sky above us fell, we descended into hell; - by Chryseis - 11-21-2018, 02:32 AM