• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Colb pony] When the sky above us fell, we descended into hell;
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you ;

Any apprehension she had about the peculiar mare vanishes. She is both too weak from the fever, and also too intrigued to think anymore of it. She can see that the mare is offering her form of a smile, and it makes Chryseis smile in return, the blood that dripped from her nose having slowly begun to dry to a dark red. Her cough has settled for the time being, and she is able to relax and focus on Yidhra, if only for a moment.

Her new companion seems surprised at her ignorance of the ocean and it’s mysteries, and she can do nothing but smile sheepishly, with a slight roll of her shoulder that resembled a shrug. Before she can say anything else, the offer of a story is laid before her, and immediately her small ears prick forward.

She is silent as the kraken-esque mare weaves her tale, her dark brown eyes growing wide with wonder. It is easy for her to imagine the darkness that she describes, but she is not sure if she can fathom it. But she has explored dark caves of Hyaline, and has descended so deep into the hearts of mountains that light did not reach. She thinks that the ocean might be the same, but without having ever experienced it, it’s difficult to grasp.

If she coughed at all during the narrative, she doesn’t notice it; she is too focused on the mare’s words to remember her illness. She isn’t sure if it was meant to make her feel this way, but her story leaves a feeling of sorrow in her heart as it comes to an end. She takes a step forward, a curious tilt to her head as she asks inquisitively, ”Was it you? Did you come from the ocean?”

chryseis.
    and i'm still waking every morning but it's not with you

@[Yidhra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Colb pony] When the sky above us fell, we descended into hell; - by Chryseis - 12-01-2018, 05:31 PM