• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Colb pony] When the sky above us fell, we descended into hell;

“I did,” she confirms: wordless and blinking- considering the truth in it. She had spoken of it long ago and to a few, often a cautionary warning of magic and Gods; but- in this moment the child is fearless and she steps towards Yidhra in a manner that reminds her Kalleis’ golden hair and her inquisitive nature. “I was not always a creature of the sea though.” she adds, allowing a single tendrils to reach out in an attempt to brush the girl’s cheek in an affectionate manner.

Takes a breath: she relaxes. “Where I was born, many centuries ago- hundreds of years. Perhaps thousands… my brothers and sisters all had great dark wings and our patron deity was a Raven whose cleverness could be rivaled. I felt, back then, that I was undeserving of my wings and so I shattered them- I broken every bone and tore them from my body. I left, too, walked the vast and endless world until I heard something.”

She swallows a lump in her throat.

“It was fragment of stone: a shard, part of a creature so old and timeless that it had no end to its power and twice I served it as a keeper, mother, and protector. I was given shape as a reward: mutable and molded into a creature like this but more. For a long time I hunted the oceans, stalked prey and lived a life tormented by the deeds I had done. No one would be my companion, and none would heed the warning I had to give; but then I came here, I stood on the shore and saw others.” Yidhra thinks about it, shaking her head softly.

“I have no companions still; but there is a fear of me, of what it means that a monster has come ashore- but you? My Darling little girl, you have no fear: and I see a sparkle in you that none else possessed… Chryseis: princess.”

In the moment she can see the reflection of Kalleis in the girl, see the flame and spark: all the fire she had… and Yidhra feels a pang of guilt and misery, a sorrow in her heart that is heavy and burdened. Like a blow struck on an old wound she can feel the pain and agony: the regret. Part of her wants to take the child, run and protect her; but she thinks of her enemies- of her allies, and she ponders if even they would stay their violent nature.

They would not.

Rue is her nature, magic and the consequences of it, and Yidhra thinks for a moment before speaking again. “Darling girl, do not strain yourself in feverish haze, you may need rest: it is often an ill-advised thing to go wandering about when you are sick.”

Yidhra

@[Chryseis]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Colb pony] When the sky above us fell, we descended into hell; - by Yidhra - 12-05-2018, 05:30 PM