• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

that's all there is;

My dreams have all come true

Loess had seemed so quiet before they came and now their voices fill the empty air like wishes. Noah is red and rust, all things opposite but somehow blending together perfectly, an anomaly of a character. When she speaks, the duality in her words and their meaning hint at a deeper strength. He finds it unnecessary to look away so he doesn’t, softening his olive-toned eyes at the first hint of conversation from his female partner. There’s the tepid warmth of a winter sun above them, remnants of snow beneath them, and the puzzling, alluring shape of Noah’s mouth in front of him. Not a single syllable goes unheard.

They’ve both lost their fathers, tragically. He listens intently, focusing on the similarities that further tie them together despite the fact they’re complete strangers; how her sire, just like his, was torn apart from his family and home as well, never to return or see the faces he loved in childhood. The primal anguish, the history that can never be recovered is what his father had called it. A past unworthy of revisiting. Looking at her, maybe even glimpsing past her outer layers for a moment, Wolfbane feels his throat constrict and his jaw tighten. What he wouldn’t give to help ease that bone-deep pain, because he knows it as well as he knows the stripes barring his own skin.

Noah gives her account until the silence follows after her. Bane allows it to linger between them, preferring the emptiness in favor of talking. The weight of her story trickles like silt through his mind, coming to rest in a fine layer over his thoughts and feelings before the drake eventually speaks up. “I’m glad you found us.” He admits softly, slowly. “The sick need you, the homeless need you. Me? I’m just the lucky bastard who agreed to it all.” Wolfbane sighs humorously, a knee-jerk attempt to cover the memories she’s brought back to him. He tries his best never to feel this way - it clouds his heart - but he’s appreciative that she’s opened up that familiar wound.

The misery in remembering could only be countered by the comfort those memories brought as well. “My father was murdered defending justice, defying a magician.” The odd stallion mutters, breaking his steady gaze and turning his masked face aside. “I wake up every day and go to sleep every night hungry for revenge. For my sister Sawtooth, who watched my mother die of heartbreak when he left us. For myself.” The pegasus rumbles, casting the resentment free of its chains just for a second. Possibly just for her.

“You coming here … seems like fate to me.” He shrugs, inhaling the clean, cold air and unfurling his wings for flight. As much as he doesn’t want to turn back and see the face he’s afraid will be there (one of pity, or soft remorse) he does so anyways, jerking his chin around with both ears upturned. “Brilliant Pampas is your place now, and forever. Welcome home Noah.” Wolfbane murmurs deeply.

Like all good nightmares do

@[Noah]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    that's all there is; - by Noah - 11-10-2018, 11:02 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Wolfbane - 11-11-2018, 02:33 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Noah - 11-13-2018, 11:09 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Wolfbane - 11-18-2018, 12:52 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Noah - 12-07-2018, 09:16 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Wolfbane - 12-12-2018, 02:36 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Noah - 12-15-2018, 09:03 PM