• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tuesday i was through with hoping; Litotes

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

Hyaline is desolate, her snow deep, her trails unbroken. Every slope is a sweeping blanket of white, the rivers run a trickle here and there but ice clings to their shores. The lake is frozen, solid and veiled in frost.

They are very few now, and those she has found so far she has bid to retreat into the safety of the cove. 

Litotes returned to Hyaline before her, but Kensa has not found him yet. In the deep snow, and so empty, the kingdom seems so much vaster than she knows it to be. She is strong, an all-season kind of girl, but there are moments then she isn’t sure she has the heart for this. How brave and sure she had felt, indignant on the border of the Cove, frightened and angry about what had befallen all of them. Now, when alone, she is only a girl again. Foolish, afraid. 

Low in the valley the snow has drifted up and left swept away places where it is easy to walk and even graze. Kensa weaves amongst the drifts. She isn’t completely tired but is happier to take the less difficult path. She heads for the lake without knowing why, but the heart of Hyaline draws her always. When she reaches the shore--what must be the shore, though it’s hard to delineate beneath the ice and snow--she continues. Her hooves are not suited to ice walking, but the frosted ice is crusted with blown snow and that lends some traction. 

She is a spot of liver chestnut among all the white, the harsh light reflected off the snow flattening her color to a matte chocolate brown. When she stops near the center of the lake, at the edge of where the ice is thin enough to let the blue underneath show through she considers screaming.

Just screaming her lungs out, until an avalanche comes down, until the ice cracks all around her. Until something makes sense. An instinctive and suspicious corner of her brain tells her that screaming will call the plague to her, so she remains silent. Only the sound of her clouded breath leaving her dark nostrils comes to her ears. No one else is screaming either.

This is too much darkness for her, too much melancholy. She needs to find Lie so that they can decide what to do next. 

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Litotes] I know she is a drag right now, I think it's because I have a headache. Emo Kensa.

Messages In This Thread
    tuesday i was through with hoping; Litotes - by Kensa - 11-11-2018, 12:53 AM