• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Home is in the sky; Anninux, any
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

As my words fade into memory, the gorgeous black Arab introduces herself as Anninux. A suitably exotic name for such a creature as herself, one which I shall have to concentrate on pronouncing correctly. She seems a polite creature, or at least one that knows her place - though she needn't be quite so formal, even if I do come off as somewhat intimidating - and after a moment of consideration, she steps back to allow space for my Ambassador and I to converse.

Extending a last smile toward the newcomer, I shift my attention to Ilma, briefly admiring her pale white coat and the wings which adorn her well groomed back. There is definitely something to say about how Beqanna changes you, for when I had first recruited Ilma, she too had had the strange smell and feel of this Anninux. It doesn't take long for the magic of this continent to stake its claim, as long as those it is claiming are up to snuff; many come here and fade away quickly, daunted by what it means to be a part of Beqanna.

Hopefully, Anninux will have what it takes.

Ilma states that she is yet healthy, to which I nod my head somberly. It will be best if the majority of Hyalinians can avoid sickness, especially those of us in the Council; what with the political shifting going on everywhere, it is beyond crucial. As for Hyaline, the white mare says that it is empty, save for an elusive few. I shake my head gently at this. "It breaks my heart that I, too, cannot be there with those who remained. But Hyaline is Solace's before it is mine, and I trust her judgement. Almost a year now has passed since the spread of the contagion; I pray every day that its end comes soon." There is more I want to say, but I hold. Anninux is far too new to be slapped across the face with the intricacies of our politics just yet; but I exchange a significant look with Ilma, wondering if she too feels the weight of this plague.

Ilma makes a final introduction for Anni, to which I reply: "Well, there is plenty of food here, and many who would be glad to get to know you. You have the run of the Sanctuary, Anninux - but do not wander beyond these borders, lest you wish to fall sick with the plague." At that, the black mare turned to go, eventually finding her place in the tall grasses of a nearby copse of trees. I look once more to Ilma, nod my head appreciatively, and depart.

@[Ilma] @[Anninux] welcome to hyaline Anninux! You may post an 'any' thread or join any thread with the word 'any' in the title <3 <3
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Home is in the sky; Anninux, any - by Ilma - 11-13-2018, 04:49 PM
    RE: Home is in the sky; Anninux, any - by Anninux - 11-13-2018, 05:10 PM
    RE: Home is in the sky; Anninux, any - by Kagerus - 11-18-2018, 05:53 PM
    RE: Home is in the sky; Anninux, any - by Anninux - 11-19-2018, 08:29 AM
    RE: Home is in the sky; Anninux, any - by Ilma - 11-25-2018, 03:33 PM
    RE: Home is in the sky; Anninux, any - by Anninux - 11-25-2018, 04:57 PM
    RE: Home is in the sky; Anninux, any - by Kagerus - 12-02-2018, 04:57 PM