• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Leilan
    you were a vision in the morning 
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you ;

Chryseis hated admitting when she had made a mistake, and therefore, she put it off for as long as possible. 

It had started as a mild ache in her bones, and a general feeling of malaise. It was easily ignored, and stubbornly she continued to explore the rivers and valleys just as she had always done. She would sleep it off, she had decided, so that neither of her parents would witness her being sick and think that she had the awful disease being spread through Beqanna. And, she knew Breckin was pregnant, and the last thing she wanted was to get her sick. Staying away from everyone she cared about seemed like the ideal solution. 

It was only a matter of hours before she realized how terribly wrong she was. 

A cough settled deep inside her lungs, bringing with it a stinging pain and a lingering ache. Her body trembled in the cold despite the feverish heat that had taken over her, and as she lay curled beneath a lone tree near the Nerinian border, she realized she had to find her father. Briseis was too far away, but she knew Leilan could take care of her just as easily. Mustering what little strength she had, she awkwardly heaved herself upwards, her slender legs trembling as they fought to bear her weight. With glassy eyes she looks around, and the task of finding Leilan in such a massive kingdom seemed impossible. What if he wasn’t even here? What if he was at the Isle? Maybe Rhaegor was still here, she muses silently to herself, although she was certain his attention had already drifted elsewhere. 

Ignoring the blanket of fatigue that had enveloped her entire body, she begins the tiring trek to find her father. By some absolute miracle, it doesn’t take her long, although the hour that had passed had been excruciating. She stops for a moment, watching him, fighting back the wave of guilt that crashes over her. What if she got him sick? But at the same time, all she wanted was for him to tell her that it would be okay, because right now, she felt like this illness was going to kill her. 

”Dad?” Her voice is hoarse from coughing, her throat raw, and the single syllable is strangled as it struggles to leave her mouth. Slowly, she walks towards him, and even though she wants so badly to curl against his side, she refrains and instead stops a few feet from him. ”I...I don’t feel very well,” The words are hardly spoken before a vicious cough takes hold of her, wracking her entire body, and to her complete alarm, bright red blood sprays the ground below her. Her eyes widen, panic beginning to creep in as she looks to her father, her voice nearly a whimper as she says, ”I’m sorry daddy, I didn’t mean to get sick. Where’s Breckin? I don’t want to get her sick, too.” She is backing away from him as she talks, glancing around quickly for the spotted mare. Tears immediately spring to her eyes, and when she looks back at her father they are streaming apologetically down her face. 

chryseis.
    and i'm still waking every morning but it's not with you

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Leilan - by Chryseis - 11-13-2018, 06:56 PM