• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

nobody's watching, drowning in words so sweet; colby pony
    “What have I become, my sweetest friend?
    Everyone I know goes away in the end."

There are worse things, the stranger says, and the smile that plays at the edge of her lips in response is a melancholy one.  There are always worse things. The universe had not always been kind to her, and whenever she found herself wondering, could it possibly get worse, she had been shown that it could. Over and over, her happiness had been stripped from her, until she finally learned to destroy it before fate could. It seemed to hurt less, when you are your own destruction. It could also get worse, but death is not part of the equation for her.

Death had not been able to kill her. Even after rotting at the bottom the sea, it had spit her back out. There truly was no rest for the wicked. She was destined for this, to break and repair, sometimes stronger than before, until she was once again turned to dust.

”I suppose there are,” she agrees amicably, her voice too placid and gentle for someone that has clearly endured so much. One thing the world had not managed to do, was make her hard. She is mild, and though stronger than she seemed — and often felt — it did not outwardly show.

Her name is not familiar, but then again, so few of them are. ”Eilidh,” she repeats, the lyrical name singing off her tongue like a song, and she adds with another simper on her blush-colored lips, “Your name is lovely.”

”My name is Ryatah,” and she wonders how many times she has said her own name; a hundred times over, at least, between all the kingdom meetings, the trips to the meadow, and everything that took place in between. Her name is worn, but she doesn’t expect the girl to recognize it. There are so few that still existed that would have ever known who she was; not even her own descendants knew her name anymore. She is a living ghost, and she has decided she is okay with that.

RYATAH
    you could have it all, my empire of dirt

@[Eilidh]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: nobody's watching, drowning in words so sweet; colby pony - by Ryatah - 12-03-2018, 01:25 AM