• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Dovev] Lanterns burning in the night.
    Briella
    your eyes are lined in pain, black tears don't hide in rain

Dovev is warm where she is practically frigid, and shadows her in such a way that when she is pressed against him the very bones dig into her loose and ill-conditioned skin. She is rampant with fever, however, and practically burning in her own way: blood trickling down her nose and coughing wracking the heavy lungs. She feels weaker, drained and tired: a lethargy that makes her wobbles and slide, and she is easily pushed even by the most gentle of his touches. Rather than sink to her feet however, she remains tall and close- clinging to him with desperation, as if closing her eyes or giving in to exhaustion would tear her away.

She shivers, sighing and burning, her ice shimmering and the frost becoming somewhat of a casing as she feels the heat draining from the air: from herself.

“No.” she murmurs, pleading and whimpering.

Ice grows on her, the cold and chill so harsh that the wind passing by is hardly enough to stop her; but the rampant magics are wild and she huffs, breathes heavily and writhes where she stands. Twisting and wild, unadulterated or controlled: the ice suddenly cracks and Briella exhales: her voice escalating into a near scream.

Raspy, she falls silent and where there was weakness: her own symptoms were suddenly no more. Gone was the fever, the shivering, the blood: the raucous coughing and heaviness of her lungs. The air grew warmer, and yet she remained with glimmering ice in her hair; but she was standing strong- taller and blinking: her mouth open and around her the snow and ice became little more than water.

“I can’t go away, I have to keep helping- I can’t let things happen again.” her pale eyes lock onto Dovev, head tilting as she reaches her velveteen nose up and brushes the curve of his shoulder- gentle and without malice. “I asked the Fairies for a way to help, I remember when they watched us in theden- so I thought they would help. One of them sent me to the Isle again, she told me go north and find the pond so I did. When I came back- there was more to do; but they gave me something.”

She cannot gesture to the healing, but she moves easier: less pained or crazed, strengthened in a way. “The second time I went, I failed- I couldn’t make it. The blizzard was too much, but this ice: I can help others with it. I don’t have to lose people, I can help.” she’s trembling, scared- and in her mind she recalls losing the Valley and the Chamber, the faces that faded into darkness. She doesn’t want to say it, but her mind is a thousand miles behind her mouth.

“I saw all of you dying, Bruise-” she chokes. “I saw everyone in pieces and rotting: sick, and Carnage standing above it all. It felt so real, and I know it sounds impossible; but it felt like I’d experienced it before. I’m not mad at you for leaving, not upset in the slightest.” assurance or something more, she walks closer and continues staying near him.

It’s tender in all the ways she is. “Just tell me where to go, and I’m with you.” calm, and sundered all the same: she feels herself waiting- watching, thinking.

@[Dovev]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Dovev] Lanterns burning in the night. - by Briella - 11-29-2018, 02:12 AM