• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The things we leave behind || Hod, family ||

Adria

I felt nothing at all, freedom of the fall

Many, many nights have passed since Adria swam off from the shores of Ischia and began her journey south to the common lands (which at that time had been Taiga, unincorporated.) Her waxing youth has blossomed into adulthood and now wanes, leaving a marvelous specimen in its wake. Every bit her mothers daughter in appearance, with her father’s gentle and steadfast nature to guide her, the young Nereid is coming home fully changed but still completely herself. She finds herself carried along to the east now, by way of gentle current and her powers, a smile brightening her damsel face and a secret virus embedded like an invisible parasite in her blood.

Adria looks healthy and perfect as ever, as close to purity as one could hope to be, but when she breaks through the surface of those familiar, warm waters and eyes the beautiful shores of Ischia from afar, she’s unwittingly become the harbinger of death. 

In her ignorance, the infected carrier of the plague sees nothing wrong with drifting to shore and climbing out onto land. Her still-wet scales glimmer over the surface of her golden, flecked-white skin and her drenched mane and tail (growing ever longer with each passing season) frame her in a dark swath of luxurious plaits. Closing in rapid succession over her pale purple eyes, her lids obscure the world around her for moment and the sounds wash over her in place of sight: far-away echoes of the parrots, the thrum of the entangled, tropical forest breathing in and out to the time of the sea … hoofsteps making their way through padded layers of pure white sand.

The islander opens her eyes and finds herself greeted by a vision of pearl and seaweed green.

“Mother!” She cries out, a whimpering plea from the child that still dwelt inside. Her appeal works and Nyxa beams in recognition, trotting swiftly through the high, grass-topped dunes down the inclining slope of beach, a leggy filly trailing eagerly behind instead of Tyr, as might be expected. The two mares greet one another fondly, with lips tugging at manes and cheeks pressed eagerly atop one another until Adria’s younger sibling snorts in admonishment. “This is Aquaria, your sister.” Their dam introduces, stepping back so that the inquisitive (and rather bold) youngling could properly greet her kin. “Aquaria this is Adria. If you behave until your father arrives, she might go on a swim with you.”

Shocked but not wholly surprised, the sabino water horse gives her full-blooded sister a sweet nuzzle before glancing back towards her dam. “Father’s not with you?” She asks, a hint of concern giving edge to her words. Nyxa laughs, the sound like high, twinkling bells. “@[Hod]’s been busy, my little guppy. Aquaria isn’t the only surprise that’s come to us in this past year.” She explains, too cryptic for Adria’s liking as the trio of water nymphs stand exposed.

@[Bruja] Hopefully I didn't go overboard by throwing Aquaria into the mix! Let me know if you want anything changed in her mention/actions. I tried to stick to her personality as written on her profile Big Grin Yay for family time, finally!!

Messages In This Thread
    The things we leave behind || Hod, family || - by Adria - 11-23-2018, 11:06 AM